GBeebies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Can't wait to get to the point of having enough trained up competent hands to be able leave the farm running to, long term.

And set off on an open ended trip like that.
I wish....those days are far off for me at the moment I think.I had a good run at being selfish when younger,I spent very little time at home/in this country from being 19ish until my mid 30s.
Met my partner in China and two kids came along...well you know the rest !
Not many countries I haven't visited and worked my way around the world a good few times.
Happy memories 😁

mudsticks

Squire
I wish....those days are far off for me at the moment I think.I had a good run at being selfish when younger,I spent very little time at home/in this country from being 19ish until my mid 30s.
Met my partner in China and two kids came along...well you know the rest !
Not many countries I haven't visited and worked my way around the world a good few times.
Happy memories 😁
Those memories do stick the most, don't they??

Well the little darlings do grow up and leave eventually .
Go off on travels of their own even.

Managed a fair amount of skedaddling about, before they came along .
And even whilst -. but yeah you do have to do it slightly differently with kids in tow ..

I wouldn't call it 'selfish' more broadening horizons .

There's so much out there to see...

mudsticks

Squire
It's more Harwood's comments on Twitter that I'm familiar with.

I think GBN are willing to engage more often with topics that others shy away from, which is good, but when I have dipped into it I haven't seen anything to make me keep watching. I don't have time for much TV viewing at the moment so perhaps GBN is something you have to persevere with. The stuff I did see seemed busy and shouty.

I think if there were a big enough number of people who were so interested in politics that the UK could support so many news channels, then we probably wouldn't have Boris Johnson as prime minister. Like it or not, we just aren't that interested in politics in the UK these days.
Agree disengagement from politics is a big factor, in many of the things we face nowadays.

Political education, understanding how it all works, is a part of the curriculum in other countries.

Here it only seems only to be taught as an opt in, for those already a bit interested..

So small wonder then, that, we end up with clowns like Jonson.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
"Do the Krankie's think its necessary to fully unwind an electrical extension lead if the total load is below 5 amps?"

There's always one idiot, isn't there? Spoiling a sensible Twitter thread by being silly.

The answer is No. The load of most extension leads is 3 amps/750 Watts. If your appliance doesn't exceed this, you'll be fine. Honestly, some people.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
"Do the Krankie's think its necessary to fully unwind an electrical extension lead if the total load is below 5 amps?"

There's always one idiot, isn't there? Spoiling a sensible Twitter thread by being silly.

The answer is No. The load of most extension leads is 3 amps/750 Watts. If your appliance doesn't exceed this, you'll be fine. Honestly, some people.
I'm just glad that now we've done Brexit we can have our proper British 240V electricity back rather than that 230V European rubbish we've been using.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb

It depends how inductive the load is.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I was at a warehouse party once which ground to a halt because someone hadn't unwound the extension lead and the draw from the soundsystem melted through it. So we had to sit through a load of impromptu Samba drumming while someone went for another lead. You can't be too careful.

mjr

Exactly. I was thinking this the other week when the clocks went forward. Surely we can set our own sunrises now we've left the EU? I didn't vote for it to get dark at half past five.
We can, but everyone who works in export will want to injure you if you move the clock changes again!

Top Bottom