Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkers

Legendary Member
Reported by Jolyon Maughan and you. No actual evidence has been forthcoming.

N is out this evening.

I'll reply just to this part. You are lying. I previously posted links to the actual coroner reports. You had the temerity to dismiss them out of hand.

Let's be honest, you really don't care about trans kids at all. This is a means to an end for you - trans erasure.

You even pretend that my niece is an invention for this thread. The difficulty for you is that I was talking about my niece in the other place long before the start of this thread.

At that time there were two trans women living in my house, my niece and her friend who had been made homeless by her farkwit father. The friend read some of the nasty stuff being posted by you and others in that place and became very distressed - not that you'll care. I understand that eventually the mods stepped in to stop you. I stopped visiting CC after that.

I won't be on this site either for too much longer.

multitool

Well they didn't kill themselves when they didn't get blockers, and they didn't go on to cross sex hormones. Who knows what the outcome would have been if the 20% who did go on puberty blockers had simply received exploratory therapy and support?

That is a foolish assumption.

The correct assumption would be that the 80% were never at risk of suicide, hence no drastic measures.

For PB blockers to be given to only 1/5 of all patients, the assumption would have to be that these were the most severe and distressed cases.

It is from this group that one might find very negative outcomes post-Cass. We are only just post Cass and already we have seen some suicides. We dont yet know, and we may never know, who these people are.

Hard to fathom the motives of people who think turning kids into lifelong medical patients is a better outcome than talking through their issues and resolving their distress without drugs or surgery. Especially when the latter is no more beneficial than the former in terms of how happy they are later on.

Except that isnt true. 80% didnt receive PB. They werent lifeling patients, and one woukd assume that a proportion, possibly most, resolved their dysmorpia. Which would be the best possible outcome.

There will be some that don't. I'd like to see them receive appropriate care, with the understanding that for them there is no ideal outcome.

You want that care limited for ideological reasons. I dont. I want to see therapeutic development.

Yours is a weird position. A year ago you were claiming that your only interest was protecting women's spaces. But, as ever with cults, the ideology takes hold and the remit spreads.

classic33

Über Member
1. Cal Horton's qualifications are in education.
2. They have a trans child so a vested interest.
3. Their 'review' is simply an opinion piece. It came out after Cass had completed its work anyway.

The final Cass review, a 4 year endeavour by an expert clinician who was Head of the Royal College of Paediatricians, is not going to mention let alone take into account an opinion piece by some random unheard of commentator with a vested interest.

The Djeine research showed that transgender people have a higher mortality rate from all causes, including suicide. As most children who start down the puberty blocker path end up on cross sex hormones, it suggests puberty blockers don't help life expectancy at all.

Reported by Jolyon Maughan and you. No actual evidence has been forthcoming.

It's not a fact until there's evidence. You said you've seen coroners reports. I call bs on that.

Children are easily suggestible. They believe what adults tell them. I find your pushing of the suicidal narrative - if you don't get your puberty blockers you'll be likely to kill yourself - to be absolutely abhorrent. You are promoting suicidal ideation in vulnerable kids.
You have a vested interest in not allowing people to live their lives, as they want. Unless it agrees with how you feel they should be living, to suit you.

D

Deleted member 159

1000013404.jpg

monkers

Legendary Member
Gotta have something to get worked up about when his bulls and otters aren't appreciating his affections.

Trouble is he had to spend time repairing the electric fence that the bull did while being milked. A timely repair was needed to stop the children getting out.

multitool

Gotta have something to get worked up about when his bulls and otters aren't appreciating his affections.

It's weird how these self-styled 'libertarians' are always the most intolerant of others, the least liberal and the biggest snowflakes.

CXR is a prime example. Self-triggered judging by his posting rate :laugh:

I'll reply just to this part. You are lying. I previously posted links to the actual coroner reports. You had the temerity to dismiss them out of hand.
You did not. You posted links to 2 news articles. At least one of young people was on hormones at the time of their death, from Dr Michael Webberley who was later struck off the medical register.

When Jolyon Maughan produces his evidence we can evaluate it. Until then it's scare mongering and irresponsible to put these ideas in children's heads.

You want that care limited for ideological reasons. I dont. I want to see therapeutic development.
It should be limited because there's no sound evidence of benefit, including for those who undertook it, ie the 20%. There is evidence of concern about long term detriment to health.

If you cared you'd support the treatment that gives the best outcome - ie just non medicalised exploratory therapy and support - but you don't.

Yours is a weird position. A year ago you were claiming that your only interest was protecting women's spaces. But, as ever with cults, the ideology takes hold and the remit spreads.

I've never claimed to be disinterested in the welfare of children. What's weirder is that there is not a single aspect of this whole topic that you can bring yourself to question. Not men in women's prisons, not men in women's sports, not children being set on a medical pathway. There's no aspect of it you won't defend or support.

I am not the author of those coroners' reports. But I can read them.
That was you on June 6th. You haven't read them though have you?

What you linked to were news reports on suicides of young people. These aren't coroner's reports and they don't say not getting puberty blockers caused their suicide.

At least 2 of the young people were on puberty blockers as far as I can see, from Dr Michael Webberley who was later struck off. Some of the others had a myriad of mental health issues.

You are reckless in the extreme pushing this narrative on children and parents.

Top Bottom