Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
None of that has anything to do with what AndyCXRse and I are discussing, so don't start with your reframing bullshìt when it's not even a conversation with you.

Ian H

Guru
Unlike female nipples, male nipples appear to be purely decorative. But can they also be functional and secrete milk — that is, can men lactate?

Short answer: Yes, under certain circumstances.

To start, male lactation has been observed in a few domesticated animals, including cats, goats and guinea pigs, on rare occasions. However, male lactation seems to be common only in dayak fruit bats, though it's not yet clear why males of this species have the biology to spontaneously produce milk.

Importantly, human biology also makes male lactation a possibility.

https://www.livescience.com/45732-can-men-lactate.html

classic33

Domperidone is the drug used to induce lactation in the tiny numbers of transwomen who have used it. It's banned completely in the US because it causes heart arrhythmias and limited in use in the UK as an anti sickness drug. It's totally different from the naturally produced hormones that produce milk in mothers.

These are medical conditions that are being alleviated by necessary drug use. Being a man who can't produce milk is not a medical condition.
"Although domperidone is approved in several countries outside the U.S. to treat certain gastric disorders, it is not approved in any country, including the U.S., for enhancing breast milk production in lactating women and is also not approved in the U.S. for any indication."*
The FDA never approved it for the use you claim. And I know the link is from 2004, when it was brought to their attention it was being used for something other than it was licensed for.

*https://www.fda.gov/drugs/informati...ved-drug-domperidone-increase-milk-production

I've never claimed it was approved as a drug to make men produce a secretion from their nipples. In the tiny number of medical papers that reference induced lactation in transwomen, domperidone was used as an off label use of an anti sickness medication.

The point is why are an NHS trust promoting male lactation, induced by an off label use of a drug that is widely banned, based on evidence from a tiny number of individual cases, as being the equivalent of mother's breast milk? The scientific evidence is negligible. It's being done because the science has been junked and the welfare of the patient (ie newborns) is being treated as secondary to validating male feelings.

It's irresponsible nonsense and indicates a worrying level of institutional capture.

classic33

I've never claimed it was approved as a drug to make men produce a secretion from their nipples. In the tiny number of medical papers that reference induced lactation in transwomen, domperidone was used as an off label use of an anti sickness medication.

The point is why are an NHS trust promoting male lactation, induced by an off label use of a drug that is widely banned, based on evidence from a tiny number of individual cases, as being the equivalent of mother's breast milk? The scientific evidence is negligible. It's being done because the science has been junked and the welfare of the patient (ie newborns) is being treated as secondary to validating male feelings.

It's irresponsible nonsense and indicates a worrying level of institutional capture.
It's licensed use was as an anti sickness medication. It's never been licensed in the UK, or elsewhere, for the purpose you describe/claim.

D

Deleted member 121

I only sleep 3 hours a day and yet with the time i spend working and being with family, how the fück does anybody get the time to trawl through shïtposts and shïtposting on a forum all day? Going for some record Andy?

Mr Celine

Domperidone is the drug used to induce lactation

:eek:

I was prescribed that. Did nothing for the nausea and I don't remember my bra getting wet either.

CXRAndy

Guru
Oh dear this isnt going to please the trans ideologues

Researchers have discovered-took them long enough :laugh:

The brains of men and women operate differently, scientists have shown for the first time in a breakthrough that shows sex does matter in how people think and behave.

“Our findings suggest that differences in brain activity patterns across these key brain regions contribute to sex-specific variations in cognitive functioning.”

‌It is well known that male and female chromosomes release sex-specific hormones in the brain, particularly in early development, puberty and during ageing.‌

There are also marked differences in how women and men perform in the real world.

A few comments were

Oops - that’s just blown the ‘trans women are women’ trope put of the water.

What about the 347, and counting, other genders?

What’s different about their brains?

Well fancy that…! Most people with a bit of common sense have always known this !

multitool

Pharaoh
Researchers have discovered-took them long enough :laugh:

Looks like it took you long enough, you thick cûnt

Screenshot_20240220_061829_Samsung Internet.jpg

multitool

Pharaoh
Last edited:
Top Bottom