Gender again. Sorry!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

. If you've got kids you probably know that women are told by the NHS not to eat soft cheese whilst pregnant or drink any coffee or alcohol whilst breastfeeding, so I'm surprised you even need a qualified expert to tell you that a drug induced secretion from a man probably isn't a great idea for newborns.

What a ridiculous ascientific comparison.

I completed 2 science degrees at University, including a Masters, and one thing we were told by our lecturers is to always check the background of the authors of academic papers before reading them.
It's not her research I'm talking about ffs. I'm talking about the near non existent, often anecdotal research that this NHS trust is claiming shows male drug induced lactation is the equivalent of mothers breast milk.
I checked. She's a fake. She's not a doctor.
So, I will not read her 'research.' Not interested in your hate. End of discussion.
It's not hateful to say the drug induced secretions from male nipples shouldn't be promoted as a viable alternative to breast milk.
If you'd bothered to do as much research on that as on some Twitter poster's resume you might have put your science degree to good use and evaluated the shonky science rather than shooting the messenger.

What a ridiculous ascientific comparison.

You've got an NHS trust saying that 'milk' from a male that can only be produced by taking a drug banned in several countries or used off label is safe and nutritious, but the NHS in general telling women don't drink a single cup of coffee a day whilst breastfeeding because of the bad effect on the baby. It's ideology being given priority over science and safety.

multitool

You've got an NHS trust saying that 'milk' from a male that can only be produced by taking a drug banned in several countries or used off label is safe and nutritious, but the NHS in general telling women don't drink a single cup of coffee a day whilst breastfeeding because of the bad effect on the baby. It's ideology being given priority over science and safety.

You yourself said there is a lack of studies in this area.

But you then take the default position that your ideology means TW breast milk is bad. Despite the fact that there is no evidence that it is.

What was it you were saying about ideologically driven views?

Why is it banned in seven other countries though. Still legal in Canada, which borders the US. The US being the only country to ban it so far, due to it being misused by women, to increase their lactation rate and milk yield. Something it was never licensed for, in any country.

You yourself said there is a lack of studies in this area.
But you then take the default position that your ideology means TW breast milk is bad. Despite the fact that there is no evidence that it is.
What was it you were saying about ideologically driven views?

.... by that metric you could feed newborns anything you like unless there's solid research that it's bad for them. We don't though. We err on the side of caution. Drug induced secretion from male nipples being the side of caution in most people with common sense.

Pregnant women can't eat a Dairylea triangle but you'd give newborns male secretions on the grounds that we don't actually know but it'll probably be fine lol.

multitool

.... by that metric you could feed newborns anything you like unless there's solid research that it's bad for them. We don't though. We err on the side of caution. Drug induced secretion from male nipples being the side of caution in most people with common sense.

Pregnant women can't eat a Dairylea triangle but you'd give newborns male secretions on the grounds that we don't actually know but it'll probably be fine lol.

You are saying it is harmful. There is no evidence to back this up.

Why is it banned in seven other countries though. Still legal in Canada, which borders the US. The US being the only country to ban it so far, due to it being misused by women, to increase their lactation rate and milk yield. Something it was never licensed for, in any country.

Why don't you look it up yourself?
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/informati...buting any domperidone,in the U.S. is illegal.

It's not licensed in Canada as a milk stimulant though it's possible to get most drugs prescribed for off label use in most countries.

Screenshot_20240220_141239_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240220_144748_Chrome.jpg

You are saying it is harmful. There is no evidence to back this up.

You don't give newborns something that is their only source of nutrition on the basis that it might not be harmful so it will probably be ok. Even formula has years of research behind it.

What's the benefit to the child of giving them drug induced male 'milk'?

Why don't you look it up yourself?
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/information-drug-class/information-about-domperidone#:~:text=Legal status of domperidone&text=In general, distributing any domperidone,in the U.S. is illegal.

It's not licensed in Canada as a milk stimulant though it's possible to get most drugs prescribed for off label use in most countries.

View attachment 5503

View attachment 5504

You don't give newborns something that is their only source of nutrition on the basis that it might not be harmful so it will probably be ok. Even formula has years of research behind it.

What's the benefit to the child of giving them drug induced male 'milk'?
That's one country, already named by myself.
Where's the rest of them, that have banned it for what it's licensed for. Not for what people started using it for.

The "lactating individuals" mentioned by the FDA, were all women, misusing it.

D

Deleted member 159

So if misuse is sufficient to ban it for females why should it be okay for artificially producing lactate in men.

I wonder how many of you posters have children and would even contemplate ever advocate offering it to a baby relative or their own child.

Parents are shoot scared of giving anything which could be harmful, well caring parents

We all know there's not a man on here who would take drugs to induce male lactation to feed their baby, nor would they give male 'milk' to their children. And if their partner couldn't breastfeed and they were offered male 'milk' from the hospital milk bank they'd be mixing the Cow and Gate faster than a rat up a drainpipe.

So if misuse is sufficient to ban it for females why should it be okay for artificially producing lactate in men.

I wonder how many of you posters have children and would even contemplate ever advocate offering it to a baby relative or their own child.

Parents are shoot scared of giving anything which could be harmful, well caring parents
It's not licensed for the use, in any country, for the use described.

So why are you arguing with the principle of allowing men to feed babies?

Wrong on so many levels
I'm not, just pointing out that it hasn't been banned as claimed.
To date the only country that has banned it use, is the US. Due to misuse/use for something it wasn't licensed for.

Top Bottom