IndyRef 2 - ExBrit Means ExBrit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Johnston won't resign because he has a mandate from the people.

Sturgeon has a mandate from the people for indyref2.

What's the difference?

Well the first half of this was ... prophetic, in a way.
What news awaits us this afternoon?!?

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
He's off, he has to really in order to regroup and restore a bit of faith for the next General.

And then, he's...

...Still there. Tricky - and it's not like the 1922 Committee can have another vote, just because they didn't like the result of the last one. Once in a generation?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And then, he's...

...Still there. Tricky - and it's not like the 1922 Committee can have another vote, just because they didn't like the result of the last one. Once in a generation?

If the 1922 Committee are in charge of their own rules, which, I believe they are, can’t they just change the rules?

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

If the 1922 Committee are in charge of their own rules, which, I believe they are, can’t they just change the rules?

Just an ironic reference to the stock response to any suggestion that Scotland could be permitted another referendum before the sun goes supernova. :smile:

BoldonLad

Just an ironic reference to the stock response to any suggestion that Scotland could be permitted another referendum before the sun goes supernova. :smile:

Yeah, that wasn't lost on me ;)

After the effect of the Brexit Referendum, I would have thought that most sensible Politicians (and, perhaps, even voters), would give them a wide berth

Mr Celine

After the effect of the Brexit Referendum, I would have thought that most sensible Politicians (and, perhaps, even voters), would give them a wide berth

Here's a link to the then Scottish government's white paper setting out their plan for Scottish independence.
https://www.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-future/

Please read it. Pick holes in it if you like but only if you can give me a link to the Brexit leave campaign's plan so I can do the same in return.

Wobblers

I'm laying myself open to (unwarranted) accusations of extreme geekiness here, but the sun's way to small to go supernova.

Which doesn't make what you say untrue: actually it makes it worse. Just maybe, after the last star's gone out, the last proton's decayed and the last black hole's evaporated, just maybe then Westminister will condescend to grant Scotland another referendum.

In other words, don't hold your breath on this one...

FishFright

I'm laying myself open to (unwarranted) accusations of extreme geekiness here, but the sun's way to small to go supernova.

Which doesn't make what you say untrue: actually it makes it worse. Just maybe, after the last star's gone out, the last proton's decayed and the last black hole's evaporated, just maybe then Westminister will condescend to grant Scotland another referendum.

Followed an eon or two later by a list of Brexit benefits and opportunities.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

QED. :tongue:

BoldonLad

Here's a link to the then Scottish government's white paper setting out their plan for Scottish independence.
https://www.gov.scot/publications/scotlands-future/

Please read it. Pick holes in it if you like but only if you can give me a link to the Brexit leave campaign's plan so I can do the same in return.

Chill.

I don't have a problem with Scottish Independence.

I have even suggested they move the border South a bit, so that we can have some too.

I voted Remain.

Have a nice day. ;)

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

It's on.

View attachment 1502

If we blow it this time, we really don't deserve another chance.

And - it's not on.

It's not on because the UK's Supreme Court has ruled that there is no legal way that Scotland can hold a non-binding, advisory referendum on Scottish Independence, regardless of repeated electoral mandates, without the express permission of a Tory Westminster government elected by the voters of England. A permission that they will never, ever grant.

The Union is not a voluntary partnership, Scotland is a de-facto colony of England with no true autonomy and no way of liberating itself from this manifestly abusive, exploitative relationship. According to the UK's media, it's over, the dream of independence is dead and buried for ever, the SNP are a busted flush who will be swept away for good at the next election.

We'll fücking see.

Top Bottom