Inheritance Tax

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Probably. It's quite a strict rule. One spouse has to leave their estate to the other spouse who then has to leave the estate to the children. If both parents die in the same accident it doesn't apply for example.

I don’t think that’s true.
My friend who is a probate solicitor told me that in the event of a married couple dying the older partner is always deemed to have died first.
But if you have a mirror will it is irrelevant.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I didn't read the ad fully, since I am not in the market, but, I doubt it is compulsory to turn it into one house. Actually, I think, it may be a Conservation area, so, there may be limits on what can be changed.

I didn't intend to imply that it was. But you are aware they are being sold together. It's being marketed as suitable for development, either as one dwelling or two.

It would be interesting to revisit in a year or two and see what's happened to them.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I didn't intend to imply that it was. But you are aware they are being sold together. It's being marketed as suitable for development, either as one dwelling or two.

It would be interesting to revisit in a year or two and see what's happened to them.

I occasionally walk past that way, en-route to the pub, or, it is part of one of my cycle routes, if I notice any activity, I will report back.

D

Deleted member 28

Probably. It's quite a strict rule. One spouse has to leave their estate to the other spouse who then has to leave the estate to the children. If both parents die in the same accident it doesn't apply for example.

You better be careful then.

D

Deleted member 28

Yes. They can. When they have left school. Until then it's tricky to be honest.

I doubt they would be allowed to live alone in the 'family home ' if still children surely?

Perhaps you should have double child allowance as I bet the dinner money isn't cheap at these private schools.

D

Deleted member 28

There's that bit between 16 and 21 when they are still in education...

They'll be at uni for some of that surely?

Let's face it you're talking boll0x and you know it, the chances of both you and the missus dying in an accident at the same time is highly unlikely and you know it.

There's people on here that can't even get a job and live in social housing and on benefits and you're feeling hard done to because you live in a half million pound house and someday, someone might have to pay some duty on a pile of free money!

Top Bottom