Kwasi economics....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
"Odey, who was a leading backer of Brexit, came to prominence during the 2008 financial crisis when he made a fortune shorting banking shares. He is known for a volatile performance, with his fund regularly posting double-digit annual gains or losses."
Glory days for him, gory ones for us.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Not to defend the guy, who is a d!ck, but wasn't he cleared of the charge a year ago?

Noted and I've deleted the post. The indecent assault on the economy charge still stands.

stowie

Pound is falling, Gilts are surging, thus ironically making that borrowing to fund the tax cuts more expensive.

Mugshot

Über Member
Almost like they know there fecked but why not look after their own on their way out...Labour should win the next election by default but feck what a sh1tshow !

View: https://twitter.com/WritesBright/status/1573234975855501314?t=ASF-LQpx9IacDG0RpjxVRQ&s=19

There is no pretence any more, it's an out in the open smash and grab.

"You're not going to like this package if you care more about the poor."

View: https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1573295463012368384?s=20&t=3sXkzDjQWZbTJHuGc7HzeA

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
The poor will go hungry and the better-off will buy more BMWs and Gucci loafers....

mjr

That's the pound tanking and the markets spooked. The people who betted on this will have made a fortune.
Somewhat amazingly, the Tories had tried to spin it as "the biggest tax cuts since 1972", as if somehow people would have forgotten that "that [1972] budget resulted in spiraling inflation and debt that took a decade and an bailout from the International Monetary Fund to clear up." Comparing your financial policy to the early 1970s is not a way to reassure markets and investors!

The 1972-1974 slump was worse for the UK than even the Great Depression, wiping 70% off the FTSE in about 30 months. I really hope we're not heading that way again, because I doubt that we will rejoin the EU to help stabilise the economy again!

Top Bottom