Kwasi economics....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

Mugshot

Über Member
"Odey, who was a leading backer of Brexit, came to prominence during the 2008 financial crisis when he made a fortune shorting banking shares. He is known for a volatile performance, with his fund regularly posting double-digit annual gains or losses."
Glory days for him, gory ones for us.

Didn't Kwarteng used to work for Odey?

Far right Peerage hunters and non-dom tax dodgers appear to be happy.

mail.jpeg

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I'm still trying to get my head around this dialogue printed in the Guardian. We're in recession but it's only a technical recession so it's not a recession - a sort of Schrödinger's Recession.

Here is the exchange between Kwasi Kwarteng, the chancellor, and the BBC’s Chris Mason.

MASON: Do you think the economy is in recession?

KWARTENG: Technically, the Bank of England said that there was a recession, I think it’ll be shallow and I hope that we can rebound and grow

MASON: So you’re acknowledging that there is going to be a recession

KWARTENG: I’m not acknowledging that, no no I said that there is technically a recession. We’ve had two quarters of very little, negative growth and I think these measures are gonna help us drive growth.

MASON: a recession is a recession and you’re saying we’re in recession

KWARTENG: I’m not saying we’re in recession, I’m referring to what the Bank has said. And I think we’re gonna drive growth with these policies

MASON: what’s the difference between a technical recession and a recession

KWARTENG: There’s a big difference. Technically, the economists say two consecutive quarters, but I think we’re going to grow the economy, that’s what we’re doing that’s what we’re focused on.

(Note: recession is defined as 2 consecutive quarters of negative growth. When he adds ''technical'' to it, he's referring to how recession is defined. All recessions are ''technical''.)

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
King Charles III might be interested in what this royal charity has to say.

View: https://twitter.com/RSPBEngland/status/1573366815568580613

Top Bottom