Mutiny on the trains.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Professionals running amock it 'looks'.
Maybe that is what happens as soon as money arrives to a once, possibly 100%, volunteer historic enterprise.
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/her...thorised-work-and-taking-safety-risks-4411596

Article is paywalled so we have no idea what happened.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
The volunteer argument sounds far more cohesive. And I suspect this dates back a few months when things looked very sparse on that line.
It part reminds me of Strathspey. I wonder how that one is evolving.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Large group of volunteers, who have historically organised themselves and run the unit as they saw fit, now find themselves in conflict with the higher management, is how it looks from the bits of the article I could see. You need to click on the pics to expand the full story.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_141030_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_141030_Chrome.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20231116_141434_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_141434_Chrome.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20231116_141501_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_141501_Chrome.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
More stuff here.
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/nymr-is-there-an-issue-at-levisham.253670/

It is hard to say if it is old news, but the accusation of 'renting out a property' for gain looks very dodgy, plus NYMR have seemingly waited until the end of the 2023 season to further action things/muddy the waters.

And from above

'However, the volunteers staying overnight contributed to a ‘kitty’ fund for their own food and drink, as the station is not close to a shop. They denied that anyone had ever paid to use the building or stayed there as a holiday.
The volunteers also denied knowledge of an anonymous phone call in which someone threatened to ‘kneecap’ managers and also said they did not know who had damaged the locks or booklets. The poster was apparently defaced as a ‘joke’ several years ago during a Railway in Wartime event.
An independent group of shareholders submitted proof of ownership of the wagons stabled at Levisham, which were used for storage and workshop space. The group, Farworth Area Rolling Stock Team, complained that NYMR management had removed them to Pickering without notice during the investigation, despite them having been listed in railway stock books as being in the possession of the shareholders rather than the NYMR.'

So with a mass walkout at Lewvisham. And NYMR sort of stole the wagons.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
12ft.io is your friend for most paywalled stuff.

Used to be. Seldom works now.

Top Bottom