My little crony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
With Disney Plus now available there was bound to be a saturation point for streaming services. Netflix was the biggest fish in a small pool for a long time and the artificial lock down boost was bound to falter as other players entered the market. They'll have to move to a single account access, with paid for add ons, to make money.

The BBC is better doing it's own niche thing rather than competing with Netflix productions and C4 is best left as it is rather than thrown into a volatile market.

My kids tell me that the novelty has worn off with Netflix and it's just not that popular amongst the young anymore.

Translation:

Anyone who wants Netflix has got it already.

Which is why we are cracking down on shared accounts as it’s our only new source of income.

And with the price of fuel going ballistic, people are more concerned about sitting together around the fire than the latest Hollywood 'Blockbuster'.... assuming they can still afford a fire that is....

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Lots of people have multiple subscriptions; Netflix, Disney Plus, Spotify, Now TV, Sky or Virgin. I would think Netflix and Sky Movies/Sports would be top of the list to bin off first as people look to get their fixed outgoings down to a minimum.

We went down to a basic package a couple of years ago as we weren't watching stuff. We're looking at water meters now to save a bit more per month.

D

Deleted member 49

Netflix is like the bargain bin used to be at the local video rental shop.
Kids nowadays hardly watch any tv,mine who are teenagers now are glued to a phone or laptop.They can find most things for free or watch TikTok clips of people eating their dinner.Spoilt for choice !

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Lots of people have multiple subscriptions; Netflix, Disney Plus, Spotify, Now TV, Sky or Virgin. I would think Netflix and Sky Movies/Sports would be top of the list to bin off first as people look to get their fixed outgoings down to a minimum.

We went down to a basic package a couple of years ago as we weren't watching stuff. We're looking at water meters now to save a bit more per month.

Water meters with streaming content? I'm dizzy with the pace of change.

Top Bottom