NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's true. I got on this one and it made me extra queer...

IMG20240618144034~2.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Football came home in 2022.

I know this is the jokes page but it is very annoying that this is forgotten. A bit like when Andy Murray had to remind a reporter that the Williams sisters had multiple Olympic medals between them before he managed it.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I know this is the jokes page but it is very annoying that this is forgotten. A bit like when Andy Murray had to remind a reporter that the Williams sisters had multiple Olympic medals between them before he managed it.

Also football coming home is a reference not to England winning, but to this country hosting the tournament which they did in 1996 and in 2022.

I realise people use the term differently now and I should probably get over it.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Also football coming home is a reference not to England winning, but to this country hosting the tournament which they did in 1996 and in 2022.

I realise people use the term differently now and I should probably get over it.

Ah, my misunderstanding. That's fair enough though.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Beebo

Veteran

I amuses me that the song is 28 years old.
Imagine at euro 96 singing a song from 1968!

Those guys must be raking it in every 4 years. What a pension, like Slade’s Christmas song.

matticus

Guru
Surely the main reason for a song surviving 28 years is that it's quite a good song (at least, a good easy-to-chant song).

Tell me why fans from looooads of countries sing that bloody Seven Nation Army riff!?!

icowden

Legendary Member
Surely the main reason for a song surviving 28 years is that it's quite a good song (at least, a good easy-to-chant song).
Absolutely. 3 Lions was genius on so many levels. It's a good, really singable song. The chorus is simple and easy to remember. It's really anthemic. It taps into football fans and their knowledge of football as well as the very British idea of celebrating the idea that we probably aren't going to win. It essentially ticks all the boxes. They also didn't fall into the trap of trying to get players to sing.

Top Bottom