NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
He's still talking like Swiss Tony.
Nope. Countries are female.

I refer you to the works of Benny and Bjorn re Soviet Russia
"She is the constant - we who don't fail. And you ask me - will I leave her? But how? I cross over borders but I'm still there now."

Beebo

Veteran

"She is the constant - we who don't fail. And you ask me - will I leave her? But how? I cross over borders but I'm still there now."

Some might even say Mother Russia.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Screenshot_20241002-151309_Chrome.jpg

I don't think one ought to personify a state, particularly when that state is in the process of slaughtering actual people. It has the effect of dehumanising the victims, and is particularly dangerous rhetoric when applied to the name 'Israel', given the historical and biblical origins of that name.

icowden

Legendary Member
Germans, Scandies, and Netherlanders may disagree.
I think a lot of Germans find the "fatherland" a bit problematic due to the negative associations with that bloke with the tache. Don't know much about Scandinavia and the Netherlands in that respect.

But generally countries are referred to as she as they are our place of birth. Our birth right etc.

C R

Über Member
I think a lot of Germans find the "fatherland" a bit problematic due to the negative associations with that bloke with the tache. Don't know much about Scandinavia and the Netherlands in that respect.

But generally countries are referred to as she as they are our place of birth. Our birth right etc.

In Galician, Portuguese and Spanish it is patria, from the Latin pater, father, so fatherland. But because the word ends in a, it is feminine. Figure that one out.

Top Bottom