Poppy Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"
This fascinating take on Remembrance Sunday from the Papau New Guinea Daily Courier just landed on my desk. I thought you might be interested.
View attachment 208
7:50 AM · Nov 14, 2021·Twitter Web App
(text only, here
View: https://pastebin.com/uQaympiN
)

For the record, I rode to a memorial this morning. And wore a poppy.

Is that from a @fozy tornip Greatest Hits collection?

Lilliburlero

Wear a poppy, or don't.

Go to a memorial, or don't.

Like so much in life, let others crack on with whatever they're into, as long as it's not hurting anyone else.

FWIW: I don't; didn't; and I think the near fetishisation of poppy wearing is pretty pathetic.

Says the man/woman... Which one were you today?

Thank god that people like you are in the minority.

#clownworld

swansonj

Regular
Says the man/woman... Which one were you today?

Thank god that people like you are in the minority.

#clownworld
I think it is a very sad commentary on some of the people on this forum that Andy brings out such odious and unacceptable personal attacks. I am ashamed to be part of the same public space as you (at least, as judged by this post).

[Written as someone who not just attended but led our town's civic remembrance service ... but who refuses to put on a poppy a day before the 11th.]

Regarding the article, there’s a element of truth in it, but it’s a truth you see mostly from outside our borders….

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

She doesn't have a problem with it. In fact we have "Princess Dancing" and "Mad Hatter's Tea Parties" too when I'm "Big Alice" and she's "Little Alice". We listen to White Rabbit, but haven't found an Alice when she isn't anything at all :sad:
Brilliant, how old is she?

Top Bottom