Reshuffle updates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Should be some interesting movements today. Enemies will be made.
Williamson has been sacked so far.
Raab and Patel next?

FishFright

I really hope Patel gets the shove , she's majorly damaging our reputation overseas,

Ian H

Guru
From Twitter

Danny Shaw
@DannyShawNews

A year ago RobertBuckland almost resigned during the row over the internal markets bill which overrode parts of Withdrawal Agreement. His cards were probably marked then. He has been a safe pair of hands at MoJGovUK but PM no doubt wants a more ‘populist’ justice secretary…

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
From Twitter
Danny Shaw
@DannyShawNews

A year ago RobertBuckland almost resigned during the row over the internal markets bill which overrode parts of Withdrawal Agreement. His cards were probably marked then. He has been a safe pair of hands at MoJGovUK but PM no doubt wants a more ‘populist’ justice secretary…
Looks like he was bumped off to make way to soften Raab’s demotion.

Ian H

Guru
Liz Truss is our new Foreign Secretary! 😳
I wonder if she'll be as outstanding as Johnson was.

Venod

Serendipitous
What I have never understood with any government appointments is the shuffling about of appointees, are these people experts at everything ?

When I used to work for a living you had to know the job, and when I left my replacement couldn't be just anybody from another department, its seems all these jobs are interchangeable.

Pale Rider

Veteran
What I have never understood with any government appointments is the shuffling about of appointees, are these people experts at everything ?

When I used to work for a living you had to know the job, and when I left my replacement couldn't be just anybody from another department, its seems all these jobs are interchangeable.

The executive - the civil service - are the experts who know how to do the job.

The elected members - MPs, including the cabinet - are not expected to have any particular expertise in a given area.

Although some cabinet appointments are made, at least partly, on relevant experience.

Top Bottom