Salman Rushdie stabbed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
It’s very early in the news cycle but Salman Rushdie has been stabbed in New York. Helicoptered to hospital.

Best wishes to him, he seemed to have shaken off the previous death threats that plagued him previously.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
F*cking hell. I hope he's OK. Sounds pretty serious.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You can say that again he was stabbed 10-15 times

From what I've been reading, he was stabbed twice, and the assailant punched him a lot.

It looks like he's losing an eye, but will hopefully pull through.

But the number of times he was stabbed is an irrelevance. Salman Rushdie is one of the greatest authors of all time and the threats he has endured throughout his life are completely unwarranted and without merit.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
He's on a ventilator apparently. I hope he pulls through. Obviously information about the attacker is sketchy at the moment but I hope this puts more pressure on social media outlets like FB, Tiktok, and Twitter, to clamp down on the stuff they allow that incites people to violence. Will have to wait and see if it is relevant in this case.

From what I've been reading, he was stabbed twice, and the assailant punched him a lot.
Yes yesterday it was reported as 10-15 the story has indeed changed a bit in the meantime, for the better being punched generally has a higher survival rate then being stabbed.

It looks like he's losing an eye, but will hopefully pull through.
Yes hopefully what i read it that he is still on a ventilator so not great to say the least.

But the number of times he was stabbed is an irrelevance. Salman Rushdie is one of the greatest authors of all time and the threats he has endured throughout his life are completely unwarranted and without merit.
True, my point was more that is was obvious that his security somewhere has made an mistake, rather than the amount of times he was stabbed but that number did seem to reoccur a lot yesterday so that's why i used it.
Even if i would think all Rushdie's books/ writings etc/ are absolute unreadible nonsense i ould still hope he pulls trough because otherwise the introllerant those who want to change our western soceity's to fit their narrow minded worldview have won. Unfortunately they partly already have there are no big events anymore without large concrete blocks to prevent terrorist truck attacks, we have checkpoints to ensure people don;t smuggle weapons inside, a entry system during football matches to prevent certain groups from entering an destroying things.

All things we need to do to protect the greater good of for the majority to be able to execise and enjoy their freedom. Rushdie is part of a smaller group with certain criticisms that leads to him being an target by those intolerants, extremist and the Iranian state.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes yesterday it was reported as 10-15 the story has indeed changed a bit in the meantime, for the better being punched generally has a higher survival rate then being stabbed.

Yes hopefully what i read it that he is still on a ventilator so not great to say the least.

True, my point was more that is was obvious that his security somewhere has made an mistake, rather than the amount of times he was stabbed but that number did seem to reoccur a lot yesterday so that's why i used it.
Even if i would think all Rushdie's books/ writings etc/ are absolute unreadible nonsense i ould still hope he pulls trough because otherwise the introllerant those who want to change our western soceity's to fit their narrow minded worldview have won. Unfortunately they partly already have there are no big events anymore without large concrete blocks to prevent terrorist truck attacks, we have checkpoints to ensure people don;t smuggle weapons inside, a entry system during football matches to prevent certain groups from entering an destroying things.

All things we need to do to protect the greater good of for the majority to be able to execise and enjoy their freedom. Rushdie is part of a smaller group with certain criticisms that leads to him being an target by those intolerants, extremist and the Iranian state.

Unreadable nonsense? How much have you actually read of his writing?

Top Bottom