SPLITTER!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Just noticed Alistair Union Jack says Nicola Sturgeon is responsible for the murder of a tory MP because she detests tory policy.
You could not make it up.

It would seem there are no depths of vileness which they will not gleefully plumb.

I don't detest the Tories. I don't just detest them. I despise them. I loathe them. I abhor them. I hate them.

Just noticed Alistair Union Jack says Nicola Sturgeon is responsible for the murder of a tory MP because she detests tory policy.
You could not make it up.

You have to remember that Tories taking responsibility for bad things is an alien concept to them. It's always somebody else's fault....

oldwheels

It would seem there are no depths of vileness which they will not gleefully plumb.

I don't detest the Tories. I don't just detest them. I despise them. I loathe them. I abhor them. I hate them.

Not sitting on the fence then.:laugh:
I can only agree so no further comment needed.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It is interesting the way in which the Tories have twisted and weaponised Sturgeon's words to make it seem she despises  all Tories, as if that phrase "the Tories" includes everyone who has voted for them.

It is interesting the way in which the Tories have twisted and weaponised Sturgeon's words to make it seem she despises  all Tories, as if that phrase "the Tories" includes everyone who has voted for them.

It should include everyone that voted for them....

One thing I can never understand.
If as they claim Scotland is an economic basket case why are the English government so desperate to stop independence?
Surely they could save lots of dosh and live in even more comfort forever after by just letting the Scots get on with managing their own affairs and not being subsidised for everything.

This is a question I've been asking for a long time.

We were pulled out of the EU because 350 million a week (ha ha ha) was too expensive but Scotland is an economic basket case and is only kept alive by the English taxpayer. We're subsidy junkies.

If we're so much of a burden? Let us go.

This is a combination of colonialism as well as we have the natural resources that England doesn't have. If you don't believe the colonialism part, think of this. Scotland's Gov is in the Supreme Court just now to ask the Gov of another country, that we never voted for, permission to have a say in the future of our country.

Another point. Scotland has a deficit of 12 billion, or 23 billion depending on what report you read. Under the 1997 Scotland Act, No Scottish Gov BY LAW is allowed to run a deficit because, BY LAW, Scotland cannot borrow money on the open market and has to deal with what we get from Westminster and, BY LAW, Scotland's Gov has to produce a balanced budget every year.

So, where does this deficit come from? And, please, don't quote the politically motivated GERS report.

Last edited:
Is this how you feel, or a soundbite for effect?

Does it include just those who voted for this current lot, or anyone who has voted for them in the past?

Do you have any friends or family that have voted Tory? Do you detest them?

It's how I feel in general.
I have fallen-out with several friends who have supported the Tories since about the very start of the Brexit debacle when spineless Cameron first called the referendum.
Supporters of Cameron and May were pretty bad, but suppprters of Johnson and Truss deserve a special place in hell.

What hasn't helped over the last 12 years of misrule is a lack of decent and electable opposition for much of it....

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire

We were pulled out of the EU because 350 million a week (ha ha ha) was too expensive but Scotland is an economic basket case and is only kept alive by the English taxpayer. We're subsidy junkies.

This is a combination of colonialism as well as we have the natural resources that England doesn't have. If you don't believe the colonialism part, think of this. Scotland's Gov is in the Supreme Court just now to ask the Gov of another country, that we never voted for, permission to have a say in the future of our country.

Another point. Scotland has a deficit of 12 billion, or 23 billion depending on what report you read. Under the 1997 Scotland Act, No Scottish Gov BY LAW is allowed to run a deficit because, BY LAW, Scotland cannot borrow money on the open market and has to deal with what we get from Westminster and, BY LAW, Scotland's Gov has to produce a balanced budget every year.

So, where does this deficit come from? And, please, don't quote the politically motivated GERS report.

I'm glad it's not just me that is confused by this.

"You need us more than we need you, you couldn't cope on your own"

But at the same time
"You absolutely mustn't leave us"

Like some kind of abusive gaslighting relationship.

It would be interesting to see an impartial analysis of the consequences - economic and otherwise - of Scotland gaining independence.

Fwiw I'd be really sad if the civilised Scots left us , but that's just selfishness on my own part.

I know quite a few folk from the southwest who have been relocating themselves north of the border.
Partly for the culture and landscape.
But also because it's just about affordable to live there as a young person starting out.

There are plenty of times I feel like joining them.

D

Deleted member 28

It's how I feel in general.
I have fallen-out with several friends who have supported the Tories since about the very start of the Brexit debacle when spineless Cameron first called the referendum.
Supporters of Cameron and May were pretty bad, but suppprters of Johnson and Truss deserve a special place in hell.

What hasn't helped over the last 12 years of misrule is a lack of decent and electable opposition for much of it....

You won't be making many new friends in Devon with that attitude I would wager.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

The Government of the UK you mean, that scotland is part of......SNP dont have full goverment control over scotland, only devolved parts. The same as Welsh Gov only have devolved control over wales.

mudsticks

Squire
I hear this often and don’t understand it. Why would it make anyone outwith Scotland sad?

There will still be cross-border tourism, it will still be possible to visit relatives etc. Is it sadness for the end of the (imbalanced) Union? I really don’t get it.

(Nice to see you back, by the way.)

Thanks for the greetings - it's nice to be back home - I needed a rest 😳

I dunno about the sadness I guess it's the thought that without Scotland politically in the mix 'we' inglanders might be lurching even further rightwards. 🙄

But of course I'd be happy for Scotland to achieve self determination and so forth.
And maybe even rejoin the EU.

Then I'd definitely be considering moving..
Of course I'd keep visiting, especially as I've got actual family there now 🙏🏼❤️

Ho hum, we shall see.

Top Bottom