Spy ships from Russia?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Forget those Bear aircraft.
Those spy ships were 30 miles from our navel bases in Scotland. I understand there’s innocent passage in territorial seas. They were rightly shadowed by the RN.
Was it legal for them to be that close to our bases though?

Mugshot

Über Member
Those spy ships were 30 miles from our navel bases in Scotland. I understand there’s innocent passage in territorial seas. They were rightly shadowed by the RN.
I think it depends if they were dropping off bungs for knighthoods or not.

Soviet 'trawlers' were a constant thing off Navy bases and around exercises during the Cold War. Putin has simply wound the clock back.

Watch 'Warship- Life at sea'. C5, it has very good access and shows clearly the regular jousting with the Russians. Quite insightful.
Well worth a watch on so many levels.

The 'cold war' is very much alive and being fought daily, we just don't get to see it often.

Beebo

Veteran
Watch 'Warship- Life at sea'. C5, it has very good access and shows clearly the regular jousting with the Russians. Quite insightful.
Well worth a watch on so many levels.

The 'cold war' is very much alive and being fought daily, we just don't get to see it often.
Exactly this. They actually hit a Russian sub with their detection equipment. It was widely reprinted the news.

We can’t do anything about a boat 30 miles off shore. it’s open sea at that distance

Exactly this. They actually hit a Russian sub with their detection equipment. It was widely reprinted the news.

We can’t do anything about a boat 30 miles off shore. it’s open sea at that distance
That moment was on the program....

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
.... and whiskers on kittens,

Top Bottom