Telegraph and Express. Your Whopper of the day.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
albion

albion

Veteran
The fun.

'Brexit triumph: Tories outline plan to make Britain a world-leading science superpower'

Any plan is a triumph to them. Like all Express political headlines are bonkers.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Veteran
Unusual but this is from the Guardian.
'The first task for a Prime Minister Truss: get Sunak back into cabinet'

But it continues with 'Britain’s current emergency is the result of three policies followed by Tory governments: Brexit, the pandemic lockdown and sanctions against Russia – the last admittedly a Nato obligation. '

WTF to the first two. It is Tory energy policy that is 90% to blame, one they are sticking with at massive cost on our bills, far in excess of the rest of the EU. I already wondered why the Guardian was not going big on the onshore wind scandal.

This makes it ever more disconcerting.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Unusual but this is from the Guardian.
'The first task for a Prime Minister Truss: get Sunak back into cabinet'

But it continues with 'Britain’s current emergency is the result of three policies followed by Tory governments: Brexit, the pandemic lockdown and sanctions against Russia – the last admittedly a Nato obligation. '

WTF to the first two. It is Tory energy policy that is 90% to blame, one they are sticking with at massive cost on our bills, far in excess of the rest of the EU. I already wondered why the Guardian was not going big on the onshore wind scandal.

This makes it ever more disconcerting.

I rather think that the French at least are not doing so well with many of the Nuclear stations closed or opening at reduced capacity, pushing up their requirement for gas. They may be holding down costs to the consumer, even subsidising petrol and diesel (how green). Time will tell if that was a good move or not.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Veteran
I was read this and soon thought 'what a lazy load of trash'.

At the end the tags then showed it was by 'James Rees Mogg'.
Laziest man in Britain?

OP
OP
albion

albion

Veteran
It turns out that the above Crispin Odey was once Kwarteng's employer. Plus he has just made a huge fortune cashing in on the fall of sterling. No doubt he is one of the guys the insider trading gossipers refer to.

And yet again it hints at ulterior reason why Tory politicians seem to keep plotting the ruin of the country.

Ian H

Guru
From a chat about newspapers on FB: "in the days of 'blogs' I used to follow one - by a friend of a friend - who used to sometimes analyse the obsessions of particular newspapers. The Express was he said easy, something like Monday = a cure for cancer. Tuesday = Diana. Wednesday = house prices..."

Telegraph Politics branding is startling.

856CDCB5-7D7B-4F5D-947F-AF5C5CC5D6E3.jpeg

6C52BA2B-3832-47D1-A172-0D59FB04C93F.png

PaulB

From a chat about newspapers on FB: "in the days of 'blogs' I used to follow one - by a friend of a friend - who used to sometimes analyse the obsessions of particular newspapers. The Express was he said easy, something like Monday = a cure for cancer. Tuesday = Diana. Wednesday = house prices..."

My youngest son reckons the Express is for the wives of the Heil readers. To give some balance, he reckons.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm not actually sure why they've gone with that particular look. It's certainly got connotations and I'm not sure why anyone thought that would be a good idea.

Top Bottom