The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member

Looks like it's been deleted TC, did you get a screenshot?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Now working for JP Morgan.
How the mighty have fallen! 😀
I once knew a former Tory Under Secretary of State for Wales who, after defeat in a general election, worked in an estate agency.
It must have been a real comedown for him, but his daughter has now become the first Tory MP for Brecon & Radnor so the family tradition continues.

Mugshot

Über Member
Meanwhile Rees Mogg has been suggesting that the problem may have been the lockdown rules themselves, that they were too tough.
I assume the logical conclusion from this is that anyone with any common sense would, and should, have ignored them, just like those people in Grenfell would, and should, have ignored the fire service if only they had had any.

Last edited:
Now working for JP Morgan.
How the mighty have fallen! 😀
Working for JP Morgan (probably at a high level) he'll be quids in without all the politics crap. If that's falling, I'd take it....

stowie

I enjoyed Newsnight tonight. Even Andrew Bridgen felt the need to announce that he has written to Graham Brady saying that he has no confidence in Johnson.

Nothing much will change post-Johnson, but I still like seeing them tear lumps out of each other. They’re all vile.

What do you think, @Pale Rider ?

If Andrew Bridgen is questioning your moral compass you have to take a very deep hard look at yourself.

The narrative that seems to be spun is that Boris nailed Brexit and the Pandemic, let down only by his weakness for a party. Seems an incredibly optimistic view of Johnson's legacy.

So this might be the third PM dispatched in around 6 years. To paraphrase Wilde, to lose one leader may be considered a misfortune,to lose three seems like carelessness.

mudsticks

Squire
If Andrew Bridgen is questioning your moral compass you have to take a very deep hard look at yourself.

The narrative that seems to be spun is that Boris nailed Brexit and the Pandemic, let down only by his weakness for a party. Seems an incredibly optimistic view of Johnson's legacy.

So this might be the third PM dispatched in around 6 years. To paraphrase Wilde, to lose one leader may be considered a misfortune,to lose three seems like carelessness.

This country knowingly voted in large enough numbers for a government that would be headed up by a proven liar with zero integrity.
Likely to appoint ministers who would at the very least overlook such foibles.

The voting public apparently did this to try to get a 'brexit done' that was also voted for based on proven lies, and misinformation , largely spread about by the Conservative press.

'Our' being bothered about truth and integrity has been shown by our voting tendencies - and chosen 'news' sources

Why the sudden surprise when 'our' government is caught out lying, deceiving, and lacking integrity.

This is what 'we' voted for.

If the general public can't be bothered to look beyond tabloid headlines, to discern the more complicated truth, then they will in a way, get what they voted for, and have to suck it up .

It's the 'face eating leopards' thing.

Top Bottom