This forum and the current state of affairs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Über Member
I've said it before, but I think it's worth repeating.
We all need to consider how we're posting and what we're responding to. Pages and pages are being dedicated to arguing with one specific member who is quite clearly only here to disrupt, most likely, in my opinion, with the intention of getting this place closed down.

It's easy to get sucked in, to think you're fighting your corner, and to think you're going to get the upper hand, but you're never going to get anywhere, it'll just keep going round and round getting nastier and nastier. I count myself as guilty as anyone of engaging with this individual. But I'm trying not to, at least not directly, and I'm trying not to get involved in any back and forth.

Could we all give it a go, we know what it feeds off, let's stop giving it what it wants? I quite like this little forum, I'd like to see more members, some alternative views posted in good faith, and to have my own opinions challenged. But no one is going to join this place if the shoot that's across the threads now, and spreading across the forum, continues.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
We all need to consider how we're posting and what we're responding to. Pages and pages are being dedicated to arguing with one specific member who is quite clearly only here to disrupt, most likely, in my opinion, with the intention of getting this place closed down.

It's easy to get sucked in, to think you're fighting your corner, and to think you're going to get the upper hand, but you're never going to get anywhere, it'll just keep going round and round getting nastier and nastier. I count myself as guilty as anyone of engaging with this individual. But I'm trying not to, at least not directly, and I'm trying not to get involved in any back and forth.

Could we all give it a go, we know what it feeds off, let's stop giving it what it wants? I quite like this little forum, I'd like to see more members, some alternative views posted in good faith, and to have my own opinions challenged. But no one is going to join this place if the shoot that's across the threads now, and spreading across the forum continues.

Yet again blaming one member for all the issues

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Could we all give it a go, we know what it feeds off, let's stop giving it what it wants? I quite like this little forum, I'd like to see more members, some alternative views posted in good faith, and to have my own opinions challenged. But no one is going to join this place if the shoot that's across the threads now, and spreading across the forum continues.
+1

You can't win. Much as you might like to think it, there's no one zinger that's suddenly going to end things.

I like this forum too, it does feel like a nice little community with some nice discussions. I would like it to continue to exist.

OP
OP
Mugshot

Mugshot

Über Member
Indeed. Just takes a bit of self control, and, a realisation that "having the last word" is not the same as winning.

And there will never be a last word Boldon, just a downward spiral of pettiness.

To quote(ish) Johnny Mercer;
“The puerile nature of this forum is embarrassing,” he said. “Time to raise the standards.”

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And there will never be a last word Boldon, just a downward spiral of pettiness.

To quote(ish) Johnny Mercer;
“The puerile nature of this forum is embarrassing,” he said. “Time to raise the standards.”

You may be right, but, a combination of the ignore button, and, none-engagement may work, worth a try, IMHO ;)

But, even as I type, the feeding frenzy continues.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Maybe you should be asking @xetoc and @AndyRM why they think its ammusing to keep trolling me in posts, rather than just blame me……..

Salty seadog

I agree the aim is to shut the forum.

Mass ignore or mass restraint? Ones easy ones harder. I've never had anyone on ignore. I may consider it if it keeps this space alive.... For good healthy discourse.

This is now a bit serious as it has become so silly.

Besides which we haven't seen tc's duck rice yet.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Maybe you should be asking @xetoc and @AndyRM why they think its ammusing to keep trolling me in posts, rather than just blame me……..

In a way, your lack of understanding is endearing. Because it's unbelievably stupid.

In others, it really f*cking isn't,

Top Bottom