Ukraine - post your silver linings. Only positivity allowed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
I believe there is ALWAYS a silver lining. Here are some possibles:
- UK moving away from gas
- The West becoming more aware of the tragedy of refugees from war.
- The Russians overthrowing Putin
- The Brits finally kicking out anyone corrupted by Russian money (oh, and a few oligarchs as collateral damage :P )

Any more?

FishFright

I believe there is ALWAYS a silver lining. Here are some possibles:
- UK moving away from gas
- The West becoming more aware of the tragedy of refugees from war.
- The Russians overthrowing Putin
- The Brits finally kicking out anyone corrupted by Russian money (oh, and a few oligarchs as collateral damage :P )

Any more?
- UK moving away from gas - We'll buy it at great expense from the Arab States in those LNG ships at extortionate rates, we need a lot to generate electricity
- The West becoming more aware of the tragedy of refugees from war. - They know already having caused so much of it
- The Russians overthrowing Putin - Isn't going to happen
- The Brits finally kicking out anyone corrupted by Russian money (oh, and a few oligarchs as collateral damage :P ) - Giving them 30 days to move it out of London and out of all those MP's that have received Russian money not one has gone.

Any at all ?

FishFright

My cunning plan has worked - smoking about all the negativity pits who should be thrown overboard first in any crisis.

Hoorah!

You failed at the first post and the backpedalling was lacking in effort . But hey at least you tried :smile:

ebikeerwidnes

Any IT people who have ever wanted to have a go at a production implementation of RFC 2549??

If so there is a job opening in Russia.

( Sorry - very very geeky - look it up if you dare
if you already understand - isn't it nice on the dark side!!)

D

Deleted member 121

Anyone with shares in BAE systems might see all this as positive...

OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
Comrade mjr has just inspired another one:

Huge fuel price hikes will effectively move car taxation almost entirely onto fuel - this will persuade at least one person (maybe 2?) to switch to active travel for a few (even several?) journeys a month.

Top Bottom