WaitWhatHuh!? Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

If either of my children swore, let alone chanted f**k the Tories at 10 years of age, in the company of either of mine or my wife's parents, I would not be happy about it. I know my wife wouldn't be too, neither would our parents.

Essentially this is all I'm saying, I genuinely feel if it was me singing the praises of my 10yr old grandson using such language I would have been called all sorts.:wacko:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Are you for real?

Me swearing at you in the written form (with a letter missing) is the same as a 10 yr old actually swearing at the top of his voice and being encouraged to do it?

You really see that as the same thing?

As for kids at games, I've taken both mine and the Daughter is now 20 but never once encouraged to swear on the terraces when younger.

Boring as it was I had seats in the Family stand when they were young as it happens.

Would you be happy with your 10 yr old being encouraged to swear by gramps then, simple question?

We both know why you left the letter out. It's so it wouldn't get caught by the swear filter and changed to something innocuous. Your intention was to be more offensive, not less.

D

Deleted member 28

We both know why you left the letter out. It's so it wouldn't get caught by the swear filter and changed to something innocuous. Your intention was to be more offensive, not less.

Still can't answer a simple question can you?

Obviously I left the letter out for that reason but the point is it still doesn't read as the full word so once again I ask, do you see it as the same and would you be happy with one of your kids being encouraged to swear at the top of their voice by Gramps?

C'mon, you can answer you know, some of your allies may even support you?

D

Deleted member 28

Your intention was to be more offensive, not less.

This isn't about my intensions it's about you thinking it's ok for 10yr old kids being encouraged to swear by their Grandparent.

I genuinely think you would be horrified if it was your child but because it's one of the faithful making the comment and myself highlighting how wrong it is you thought you would wade in.

Mr Celine

"and what did you do this weekend Johnny" "well Miss, I went to the football with Grandad and all his friends and we were singing songs" "that sounds nice, what were you singing?" "well I don't really know what it meant but it was 'fu*k the Tories, fu*k the Tories over and over again"

"oh I see"

Miss goes off to ring Social Services!

Many years ago I had a colleague who was a Rangers fan, a mason and was quite high up in the orange order.
He came into work one day and proudly told us his 4 year old son had been excluded from nursery for singing 'could you go a chicken supper Bobby Sands?'

winjim

Still can't answer a simple question can you?

Obviously I left the letter out for that reason but the point is it still doesn't read as the full word so once again I ask, do you see it as the same and would you be happy with one of your kids being encouraged to swear at the top of their voice by Gramps?

C'mon, you can answer you know, some of your allies may even support you?

I think that children should be given the tools and the knowledge to be able to form their own political views independent of those of their parents as much as possible, and shouldn't be encouraged to shout political slogans which they may not fully understand. I also believe that they should be taught about swear words, their literal and figurative meanings, why people use them and in what situations they may or may not be appropriate.

winjim

This isn't about my intensions it's about you thinking it's ok for 10yr old kids being encouraged to swear by their Grandparent.

I genuinely think you would be horrified if it was your child but because it's one of the faithful making the comment and myself highlighting how wrong it is you thought you would wade in.

You're the one swearing at strangers, calling people inbreds and casually tossing around the R word.

My kid knows all about swearing, when and how it may be used and how swear words shouldn't be used casually because they can carry significant meaning. We had a conversation about it a couple of weeks ago.

D

Deleted member 28

You're the one swearing at strangers, calling people inbreds and casually tossing around the R word.

My kid knows all about swearing, when and how it may be used and how swear words shouldn't be used casually because they can carry significant meaning. We had a conversation about it a couple of weeks ago.

How old is he!

Still not answering though are you?

After your deep, meaningful conversation I guess you would be happy him returning from an event with Gramps and learning he'd been shouting "F#ck" all afternoon then?

Yes or No will do.

C'mon Jimbo you really want to say 'No ' don't you because that's the correct answer, although if you genuinely believe it's alright to act that way at 10 you should answer 'yes' but then what sort of Father does that make you?

It's a toughie.

D

Deleted member 28

I think that children should be given the tools and the knowledge to be able to form their own political views independent of those of their parents as much as possible, and shouldn't be encouraged to shout political slogans which they may not fully understand. I also believe that they should be taught about swear words, their literal and figurative meanings, why people use them and in what situations they may or may not be appropriate.

Very forward thinking of you Jimmyboy, so let's just get this right.

You sit your little lad down, start off by explaining the in's and out's of the UK political system and each parties merits.

You then get onto swearing where you give him examples of the different categories of swear words and their meanings, you then proceed to explain when and where these words may be used.

And he's how old, 4?

D

Deleted member 28

What if kids are thinking "fark the Tories", would that be ok?

Dunno who this is aimed at but personally I couldn't give a toss about the sentiment its the condoning and pride taken in your 10 yr old Grandson using foul language.

I can't really believe anyone on here thinks this is a good way to bring a child up?

winjim

How old is he!

Still not answering though are you?

After your deep, meaningful conversation I guess you would be happy him returning from an event with Gramps and learning he'd been shouting "F#ck" all afternoon then?

Yes or No will do.

C'mon Jimbo you really want to say 'No ' don't you because that's the correct answer, although if you genuinely believe it's alright to act that way at 10 you should answer 'yes' but then what sort of Father does that make you?

It's a toughie.

I wouldn't encourage it but I wouldn't be horrified.

winjim

Dunno who this is aimed at but personally I couldn't give a toss about the sentiment its the condoning and pride taken in your 10 yr old Grandson using foul language.

I can't really believe anyone on here thinks this is a good way to bring a child up?

But. You. Obviously. Think. Swearing. Is. Fine.

winjim

Very forward thinking of you Jimmyboy, so let's just get this right.

You sit your little lad down, start off by explaining the in's and out's of the UK political system and each parties merits.

You then get onto swearing where you give him examples of the different categories of swear words and their meanings, you then proceed to explain when and where these words may be used.

And he's how old, 4?

Yeah pretty much. She's seven.

D

Deleted member 28

I wouldn't encourage it but I wouldn't be horrified.

Almost there, so you would be happy if your 7 yr old came back with tales of her swearing in public at the top of her voice and not have a word with the grandparent responsible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom