Weather is politics !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Moderation over there is … questionable.

There’s far much less work involved, now that the politics was split off to here yet clearly political threads are allowed while non-political ones are binned.

I think that now there is so little for mods to do, some feel they have to justify their existence. (Or it could just be one over-zealous sort.)

How many mods are there now?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Stuff about five-0, the monarchy and finance, yeah?

I'd have warned/banned several members by now if I was a moderator on the mothership.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
I cannot fathom it. You can argue/ add info about most stuff but not other stuff.
A few politicians make weather political yet even more make cycling political !

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There's a difference between weather and climate though. It's a nice sunny summer day today which is nice cos my kid's gone on a school trip to the seaside. There's also an ongoing climate catastrophe which is irreversibly altering the planet, making much of it uninhabitable and causing a huge crisis for future generations. This is not nice, but it is political.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Not only weather, a thread looking for support in fundraising for a group of cyclists(!) trying to get to the Paralympics was deleted, and the author told to post it here instead.

He doesn't have an account here yet so he sent it to me to post on his behalf.

You can view it at https://ncap.cyclechat.net/threads/fundraising-for-paralympian-cyclists.641/

If you want to discuss that thread's deletion, I'd rather you did that here than detract from his fundraising message.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Charity rides now can't be mentioned on a cycling forum? FFS.

Well I suppose it depends on who the beneficiaries are.

I’ve posted a bike-ride fundraising thread for victims of the war in Ukraine and that’s been allowed to stand. A cycling fundraiser for victims of the war in Gaza has been deleted.

I wonder what the difference is. 🤔

Ian H

Legendary Member
Well I suppose it depends on who the beneficiaries are.

I’ve posted a bike-ride fundraising thread for victims of the war in Ukraine and that’s been allowed to stand. A cycling fundraiser for victims of the war in Gaza has been deleted.

I wonder what the difference is. 🤔

I think an explanation of the reasons would be very helpful, if not enlightening.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Them's the roolz.

Speaking of the Roolz. In relation to politics being hived of to this backwater, Shaun posted this, which some mods need reminded of:

"... There's no change for the Advocacy and Safety forum, it has always had political aspects to the discussions and can carry on as before; and if a political proposal or issue related to cycling doesn't fit into the advocacy and safety forum, feel free to post about it the General Cycling forum.

But please politely discuss issues and allow everyone to post their opinion without turning the threads into party or personal political debates - that's what the new politics site is for."

Now, politics can be dragged into almost any thread and that's when a mod should intervene to restore order. Instead, they too often take the easy route and lock, or delete, the thread.

That's not moderation, that's authoritarianism.

C R

Über Member
Speaking of the Roolz. In relation to politics being hived of to this backwater, Shaun posted this, which some mods need reminded of:

"... There's no change for the Advocacy and Safety forum, it has always had political aspects to the discussions and can carry on as before; and if a political proposal or issue related to cycling doesn't fit into the advocacy and safety forum, feel free to post about it the General Cycling forum.

But please politely discuss issues and allow everyone to post their opinion without turning the threads into party or personal political debates - that's what the new politics site is for."

Now, politics can be dragged into almost any thread and that's when a mod should intervene to restore order. Instead, they too often take the easy route and lock, or delete, the thread.

That's not moderation, that's authoritarianism.

I'm sure our resident freeze peach warriors will be up in arms about this display of cancel culture, won't they?

Top Bottom