What to watch on Election Night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I dunno, results don't start properly coming in until the small hours so it's probably better to have some sleep and get out of bed a few hours earlier than usual. They should really sort the scheduling out.

Curious as to why you consider watching election coverage a waste of your time but telling us that fact apparently isn't.

And now I'm wondering if you believe your watching a sporting event can influence the outcome.

It's like Schrödinger's footie... we're always doing well until I turn on the tellybox....

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Gareth Southgate as PM. A govt of sheer boredom until 3 weeks before the next general election.

I shall probably watch the coverage on BBC World assuming they have the domestic programme.

The curiosity to see just how much the Tories reap what they have sown is too strong.

matticus

Guru
I dunno, results don't start properly coming in until the small hours so it's probably better to have some sleep and get out of bed a few hours earlier than usual. They should really sort the scheduling out.

I'm always surprised at the candidates/supporters staying up all night. Your job is done by 9pm [actaully hours earlier, but anyway.... ], and they'll have worked long hours for two weeks.
Go get some kip - be the smug bastard looking fresh in the morning. If you've won, you can start drinking and go all day; if you lost you'll look much less grumpy!

(If someone here has been on the inside, do feel free to correct my misconceptions)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It is not something I would do, personally, but, I suppose it is the same or similar trait to those who queue to get the latest iPhone or whatever. They get some kick out of being among the first to possess or know. Seems pointless to me, but, it also seems harmless enough.

Beebo

Veteran
I'm always surprised at the candidates/supporters staying up all night. Your job is done by 9pm [actaully hours earlier, but anyway.... ], and they'll have worked long hours for two weeks.
Go get some kip - be the smug bastard looking fresh in the morning. If you've won, you can start drinking and go all day; if you lost you'll look much less grumpy!

(If someone here has been on the inside, do feel free to correct my misconceptions)

Don’t they have to witness the counting process to make sure it’s all above board.

spen666

Curious as to why you consider watching election coverage a waste of your time but telling us that fact apparently isn't.

And now I'm wondering if you believe your watching a sporting event can influence the outcome.

The post is about what people are watching on TV tonight. I answered - be a crap message board if no one answered any posts

Seems you have a problem with someone holding or expressing their views - not exactly an advert for democracy is it?

OP
OP
E

ebikeerwidnes

I was planning to watch the results come in

But there is a family problem and I have to pick up the youngest grand kid at 9:30 and bring him back here

so I'll watch until about midnight and then see how I feel

Looking forward to the exit polls

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Not watching anything to do with the election tonight.

However, we have stocked up on beers and chicken wings to have a party tomorrow, celebrating the thieving, slimy, Tory bastardi getting booted into the sea! 🎉🥳👯‍♂️

OP
OP
E

ebikeerwidnes

After dismissing BBC as Jeremy Vine is on it

we decided to start with Channel 4

Nadine Doris was spouting rubbish
only made worth it by Alistair Stewart commenting that she needed to "get over Boris"
which - after a pause - claimed she found to be a very sexist statement
Stewart was several pages ahead of her and said the whole party needs to get over their worship of him and realise etc etc

Interesting that her reaction to "get over Boris" was to make it sexist!!!

then Anne Widecome started up and we abandoned ship and went to Sky

no-one needs that garbage

Don’t they have to witness the counting process to make sure it’s all above board.
They can attend and watch if they want, no legal reason for them to attend the count.
Many seem to arrive at the count when the result is close to being given, unless they're in with a chance of losing/winning the seat.

spen666

No you didn't. You stated what you weren't going to watch.
And no, I'm not the slightest bit interested in what, if anything, you're actually watching.

Exactly I answered what I was going to watch ie nothing at all.

Now, I am pretty sure the election result I am waking up to is the same result as those who have stayed up all night watching it on TV.

The only difference is I have had a decent night's sleep

It's also noticeable how you have not tried to pick the same purple argument with any of the others on here who said in their posts they were not going to watch any coverage.

Really enjoyed C4 coverage.
Nadine Dorries was a car wreck, Widdicombe beareable. Harman, Stewart, Campbell, Vince and even Nadim were thoughtful and insightful.
Emily and Krishan steered the ship admirably, The Vorders brought joy, Hugh FW passion, Hannah brought us the minimum of stats and the studio audience provided the fcukwittery....

Only blot was the gogglebox segment.

Chapeau C4!

Top Bottom