What was the reason for the wide shutdown...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
The lack of wide political discourse might be making politics and life more difficult.
I thought it was purely Brexit and the new rise of the far right.

However, was it just as much to do with climate change and its impact on big oil etc?
It certainly makes tacking climate change more difficult when people are an information free bubble.

D

Deleted member 121

People are in denial. We're being invaded by forinners across the channel, like 20 years ago, then like 30 years ago ad infinitum and climate change is an NWO conspiracy. The only thing left to do is simply bury your head in the sand like an Ostrich, like everyone else on GiBlet news....

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Something happened elsewhere with protectionism rearing its ugly head.
It made me think and realise how complicated it all is.

Gives the political forums shutdowns an uneasy feelings. I thought we were not China or Iran like but we are in a way.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Where are you noticing this? No more chats in the Post Office queue

Lack of forums I mean, though yes, lack of queues everywhere too. The implications look stark.
We also have the AI like nightmare of so called 'customer service', that really first starting out at Ebay.

In politics Corbyn got shut out by the right. Whilst part a good things, Starmer is left playing the cards close to his chest/internal shutdown game too, just to get elected. More tribalism, at least for now.
There we can only pray for better things post election, him at least not owning any Lies Social like platform.

We got Brexit much because of the mixed messaging from labour opposition, Not enough at the time called it insanity and so too few voted to stop the obvious to many, insanity of Brexit happening

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 121

Whilst part a good things, Starmer is left playing the cards close to his chest/internal shutdown game too, just to get elected.

Internal shutdown game? Is he trying to stop his own heart? Sticking cards into your chest might do that. Im not a medical professional but i'd gamble on that

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Don’t see it as a plot, is it not just because we have had so many more “interesting” things to attract people’s attention:

Mr Bates on ITV
The lovely Kate in hospital
The Ginger whinger in court
Charlie’s Prostate
New series of Gladiators
Traitors on BBC

Top Bottom