Will You?

Will you be swearing allegiance to Chuck the Third?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • I'll be swearing but not an allegiance

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121

The only allegiance i have swore (of sorts) is to my wife and i intend to fulfil them and not to some dude with Richmond fingers.

Beebo

Veteran
I guess the armed forces need to do this sort of stuff but otherwise it can only appeal to a minority.
Firstly how many people will be watching TV at that point, secondly who’s going to bother as no one is checking up on you to see if you did it.
It’s all a bit silly. But the whole thing is silly when you actually break it down. They have moved the special stone from Scotland so he can sit on it ffs.
I have become less of a royalist since the queen died, as the whole thing just makes less sense when you see it up close. I am ok with an unelected non political figurehead, it’s all the hat doffing and fawning that I’m struggling to go along with.
I think a Scandinavian type royal family is what we need.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
We'll gradually go that way, I think. Australia will go first, gradual winding down of the Commonwealth, slimming down of the Royal family.

C R

Über Member
I was taxiing oldest daughter and one of her friends this morning. They were laughing about this and how no-one cares, they're 16.

It occurred to me that this may be a historical event, because it could possibly be the last coronation that the UK will see.

multitool

Shaman
Demographics will catch up with the Monarchy, not least because the generations indoctrinated into the glory of empire are dying out, but also because the current young will be poorer than them, and less likely to tolerate people in gold carriages and palaces calling them their 'subjects'.

Julia9054

Regular
I was taxiing oldest daughter and one of her friends this morning. They were laughing about this and how no-one cares, they're 16.

It occurred to me that this may be a historical event, because it could possibly be the last coronation that the UK will see.

Bet they're not complaining about an extra day off school though!

That's my opinion too.

I want to see a royal coronation as I've never witnessed one, as it was about quarter of a century before I was knitted, and also, imo, it'll be the final one that'll happen.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Slightly disappointed this isn't a thread about the very lovely song by Hazel O'Connor. But that would be slightly incongruous, wouldn't it?

So - will I pledge to a life of grovelling subservience to an inbred, pampered, entitled, functionless, sausage-fingered billionaire?

Whad'ya think? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom