A bit rude?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
If we had a professional police service that behaved legally and morally correctly then perhaps we would not need activists the rein them in. That way innocent people could go about their business without fearing the very people supposed to protect them AND situations like Heidelberg can get resolved. It should not be an either/or decision.

Exactly - i've no idea if the German police are any better or worse in terms of upholding decent and professional behaviour - particularly around women - than the UK ones - pure prejudice on my part surmises the former .

But whether they are, or not, has no bearing whatsoever on this case of gross misconduct - and i mean gross in the widest sense - and any conclusions that might be drawn from it - or actions that should be taken as a result.

Nor do the academic pursuits of the victim, have any relevance to how she should have expected to be treated.

There's more...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-58749590
'the undercover operation could not be justified as 'necessary in a democratic society' '

If we had a police service that behaved ethically then it wouldn't be able to mount operations like this one. If the misogynists were weeded out in recruitment then there wouldn't be anyone to do the dirty work.
Yup the contract of trust has been broken.

We do not consent to this.

Ian H

Guru
The Metropolitan Police are now investigating the No10 parties and Cressida Dick has made statements about it. The cynical part of me almost thinks this is good deflection (Johnson-style) from the Met's own troubles.

D

Deleted member 28

If the misogynists were weeded out in recruitment then there wouldn't be anyone to do the dirty work.
[/QUOTE]
I wonder what sort of person people would want turning up when things get a bit 'tasty ' outside the local Nightclub and want their Daughter keeping out of harm's way?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If the misogynists were weeded out in recruitment then there wouldn't be anyone to do the dirty work.
I wonder what sort of person people would want turning up when things get a bit 'tasty ' outside the local Nightclub and want their Daughter keeping out of harm's way?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think misogynists should be entrusted with the care of vulnerable young women if that's what you mean. They're sort of the worst people to be doing that job aren't they?

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
[/QUOTE]

Err, who exactly is doing this dirty work against women in the first place??

They're the problem to your daughter, and me and all the other women of the world, whether general day to day @rshols, or the ones to be found in the police.

As a woman, If things are kicking off outside a nightclub I'd want well trained, level headed professionals there to sort it out.

In my experience meatheads, who are often disrespectful to women as routine, just escalate things.

Julia9054

Regular
[/QUOTE]
Are you saying that only people who hate women can handle themselves in fight? That’s just weird

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
"If the misogynists were weeded out during the recruitment process then there wouldn't be anyone to do the dirty work"

It was me who wrote that, not Shep. It was in the context of 'Mark Stone' undercover detective, being assigned to infiltrate an activist group - see the link I posted - and having affairs with women he was investigating under an alias. The point being that if the police root out such characters they will lack enthusiastic volunteers for such 'dirty work'. I believe these kind of covert operations are being protected by police culture, and influence the lack of real initiative to remove misogynists from the police.

Last edited:
OP
OP
qigong chimp

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Why is activism, rather than law-breaking, a concern of the police?

mudsticks

Squire
Why is activism, rather than law-breaking, a concern of the police?

Cos we is annoying, we've got contrarywise opinions n suchlike ..

Sometimes we make those known rather noisily.

Sometimes we live in trees.

Moreover we don't always depilate those areas as we are often instructed to by polite society.

Basically we shouldn't be allowed.

Oh and most likely all this too..

Good question. Perhaps because a function of the police is to prevent the rise of any activism that threatens the status, credibility, power and profits of vested undemocratic interests.

D

Deleted member 28

Cos we is annoying, we've got contrarywise opinions n suchlike ..

Sometimes we make those known rather noisily.

Sometimes we live in trees.

Moreover we don't always depilate those areas as we are often instructed to by polite society.

Basically we shouldn't be allowed.

Oh and most likely all this too..
And don't wash, apparently?

matticus

Guru
"If the misogynists were weeded out during the recruitment process then there wouldn't be anyone to do the dirty work"

It was me who wrote that, not Shep.
Thanks for the clarification. 👍

The misquote did lead to an interesting CycleChat social experiment though ...

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Thanks for the clarification. 👍

The misquote did lead to an interesting CycleChat social experiment though ...
I did discover that the new forum layout makes it harder to edit quote tags.

Top Bottom