A bit rude?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
the un-depilated feminist loon had it coming.
Where did I say that? Is I don't have the time of day for the police when they behave like this, and it is right that they should be held to account for it difficult to understand?

The first to state his case seems right, until his opponent begins to cross-examine him.

We have not heard anything from the side of the police. I don't think their behaviour can be justified from what has been reported, but if Duff had cooperated this would/might not have happened. It is not blaming the victim to question the wisdom of how she behaved, especially as she has supposedly investigated how awful the police are in Western countries and presumably would know what to expect. It is also possible she is completely innocent and the police action was in no way provoked.
That's what needs tackling, not attacking the academic thesis of a woman assaulted by the police themselves.
I think the culture she operates in could be part of the problem. She is certainly into all the contemporary woke buzzwords.
Exactly - i've no idea if the German police are any better or worse in terms of upholding decent and professional behaviour - particularly around women - than the UK ones - pure prejudice on my part surmises the former .
Sorry, a very senior police officer in Baden-Württemberg is currently suspended pending investigation into abusing female officers. Having control of their promotion prospects, he used this for sexual favours. Not just a UK problem.

Am I to understand that there are posters yet to put d.g.l.i.t.uk on ignore?
It's easyer if you just do the monkeytail logo and than just a few letters of my name it will just popup in a clickable list. but i gues you know that, just so bored by blocking everyone who says something that triggers you... Maybe find a hobby? Grow a pair.. Type something that's actually funny instead of all that failed attemps? Just trying to help you out bro! You clearly need it.

I've no real idea what your first paragraph refers to but basically to the second yes.
I mean that strip searching is done by a person of the same gender is a decision most police forces made to prevent te most sickeing/inviting forms of abuse and/or accusations.
With hindsight the second sentence was a bit clearer if i had put it all the way to the end. i mean i can identify the problem, but i i'm mnot sure what the best solution would be.
- Evil prospers when good (wo)men do nothing.

It's people looking the other way when injustice is encountered, that allows the culture of wrongdoing to flourish.
Or when the abusers are in such a position that they can safely ignore the persons that do try to do something. I mean persons that do something is one, a system where every layer of the organization can be circumvented to rule out someone higher in the hierarchy either being complicit or cares more about holding up the positions than acting upon the issue.

With something like the police, that would instantly create a new problem because that system will get abused. Because apart from this lady who clearly does have a point we see that a lot already.
Whatever system you put in place it needs to be robust, quick and fair. i can see some issues with that especially considering arrest are not always that straightforward, think an person who resists arrest throwing all kinds of wild accusations, the case here shows that the current system does'nt really work years and years after, but any quicker system risks like i said above being abused.

We have not heard anything from the side of the police. I don't think their behaviour can be justified from what has been reported, but if Duff had cooperated this would/might not have happened. It is not blaming the victim to question the wisdom of how she behaved, especially as she has supposedly investigated how awful the police are in Western countries and presumably would know what to expect. It is also possible she is completely innocent and the police action was in no way provoked.

I think the culture she operates in could be part of the problem. She is certainly into all the contemporary woke buzzwords.

Sorry, a very senior police officer in Baden-Württemberg is currently suspended pending investigation into abusing female officers. Having control of their promotion prospects, he used this for sexual favours. Not just a UK problem.
It is irrelevant as to what she may or may not have done.

“What’s that smell? Oh, it’s her knickers,”

That was said by a police officer to humiliate a degrade this woman, who remember, hadn't committed any crime.

The police are not supposed to be ignorant thugs who lose all semblance of professionalism and humanity at the slightest provocation i.e. in your words 'if Duff had cooperated'

You are indeed, despite your disclaimer, victim blaming.

swansonj

Regular
Hmmmm - could I use this as an excuse to thump a kid in my classroom? Police - and teachers - are trained to deal with the annoying, uncooperative, difficult and down right abusive. Not suggesting Duff was any of those things but if she were, it wouldn't matter
The parallels between school teaching and the police are in my mind too. Both require the ability (and the training) to impose your will on others. There are differences though. Generally, school teachers can build a relationship - police officers go in cold to a situation, not knowing what to expect and starting from scratch. And generally, school teachers are not at personal physical risk, and police officers are. Also, school teachers deal with, broadly, a cross section of society; the cross section that police deal with is biased.

I continue to think it is understandable why police culture as a whole leans towards the authoritarian. But I think teaching culture has shifted over the decades. In days gone by, the approach was largely to beat the kids into submission, and now, there is much better understanding of achieving the desired behaviours by subtler and better methods. So there is hope the police too can change; but only so far, within the parameters of the job we ask them to do.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
there is much better understanding of achieving the desired behaviours by subtler and better methods.
It's worth in this case stopping to consider who is trying to influence whose behaviour and by what methods.

D

Deleted member 28

Either your spell check has corrected an attempt at 'repression' or you think innocent people deserve repercussions. Assuming the latter, what do you think she did that made her deserving of the assaults she suffered?:laugh:

what do you think she did that made her deserving of the assaults she suffered?
I don't know but clearly the Police did.

Milkfloat

The whole reason she got arrested is because she was trying to let someone else know who was being arrested what her rights were. That was not illegal. Someone who is trying to let others know their rights is incredibly likely to know their own rights and what the Police can and cannot do, so it is pretty unlikely that she would have done anything illegal. Therefore you can quite easily surmise that the Police were just abusing their position / punishing her for standing up to them / trying to teach her a lesson / were just sadist psychopaths. For anyone to try and justify this behaviour is pretty abhorrent, especially when they claim to not be victim blaming but go on to do exactly that.

Ian H

Guru
Remembering she was arrested for handing a leaflet to someone whom the police were arresting.

'The CCTV footage now obtained by Duff of the police station custody area on the day she was searched shows Howard telling officers to show her “resistance is futile” and to search her “by any means necessary”.

' "Treat her like a terrorist,” he says. “I don’t care.” '

mudsticks

Squire
No sh1t Sherlock!

This is all it ever was.

It's called repercussion.
Repercussions for what??
I don't know but clearly the Police did.

For daring to know the law, and acting accordingly.??

As this seems to be the limit of some guys imagination / empathy / sympathy when it comes to women -

-may the goddess help us ...

>>>> How would you feel if your daughter was treated that way by serving police officers, if taken into custody, for whatever reason, and was treated like this , once she was totally at the mercies of undisciplined officers ??

Would you say

"Never mind love - you should have been more submissive - given them what they wanted - been a 'good' girl and they'd probs not have roughed you up so bad "
??

Not supported her in her fight for what was right .- and see she was awarded some kind of justice.?

Seven years of being told she was in the wrong before someone finally listened.

But she is educated, knows her rights and the law, and is articulate enough to stick up for herself .

How about all the others, who aren't?

But during this time, she still even doubted herself, given the push back of those who assaulted her.

Why should women trust the police ?

They've broken the contract of trust.
Sadly that impacts on all of us in terms of safety and security.

Including the women in your life, if that's as far as your imagination can stretch..

Where did I say that? Is I don't have the time of day for the police when they behave like this, and it is right that they should be held to account for it difficult to understand?

The first to state his case seems right, until his opponent begins to cross-examine him.

The hearing will have heard from the police and have passed their judgement.

Way to go on telling on yourself for having a problem with articulate educated women who stick up for themselves, and for what they know is right..

100% you are victim blaming.

Sadly I'm not surprised that this kind of behaviour is to be found across the board, in Germany too.

Perhaps the procedure s for dealing with it are more robust, and quicker, I have no idea, only hopes.

Doesn't mean I'm not incensed about the apathy that there seems to be around tackling it in general .

The Crofted Crest

I've been strip searched. And it was not nice. Least of all when the cop took out his gun and told me to bend over a table. He then used his gun to part my buttocks. I thought, "If I fart now, I'm dead". That was in East Germany, mind.

Top Bottom