A Brexit benefit....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Send over our big cheese. Nigel Fromage.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
It's hard to know where to start wirh this level of stupidity in face of the bleedin' obvious....

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ereign-state-again?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I thought there were only going to be benefits, no price to pay was ever mentioned.

The 4th anniversary made it on to the 7 o'clock news tonight, with pictures of empty shelves and fears of a nightmare at Dover in the coming weeks. Delays and extra costs. They claimed some 60% of the population now thought Brexit had been a mistake.

The most ridiculous thing she said was that Britain was now in control of its borders. I hadn't noticed.

I might add in this connection that YouTube has been prompting sundry videos giving statistics about the top x countries and their ... GDP, size of armed forces, number of tanks or aircraft etc., minutes of my life I will never get back. What has shocked me is just how far down Britain comes on some of these sets of statistics. The sun has not just set on the Empire, it has gone well below the horizon on many things, the Big Power Brexiter line really is increasingly a fantasy.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Noting the anniversary of Britain’s official departure, a leading French MEP said “nothing has been a success” since.
Valérie Hayer, the president of the Renew Europe group in the European parliament, wrote: “All the polls since show the drama created by Brexit.
“Purchasing power, social security, global influence, border protection: nothing, absolutely nothing, has been a success.
“The populists lied to the British.”

Quelle suprise! And they're still doing it....

Leadsom, a health minister and fierce Brexiter, told Nick Ferrari on LBC: “I’m hugely delighted at Brexit. We have our sovereignty back, we’re in control of our money, laws and borders. The NHS has considerably more than £350m a week and we’ve signed up to 70 trade deals.”

None of which puts us in a better situation than we were, in fact the downsides are greater. Misleading words about the £350 million as well.

Speaking about trading relations, the minister told Times Radio: “What that does mean is that there is some friction in trade. However, we also have huge trading arrangements with other countries around the world … so there is a huge new opportunity for the UK at the same time as continuing to trade, albeit with some friction, which is the price you pay for leaving the single market and for being a sovereign state again.”

And by any analysis this price is not worth paying.

Shysters the lot of them....

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
I thought there were only going to be benefits, no price to pay was ever mentioned.

The 4th anniversary made it on to the 7 o'clock news tonight, with pictures of empty shelves and fears of a nightmare at Dover in the coming weeks. Delays and extra costs. They claimed some 60% of the population now thought Brexit had been a mistake.

The most ridiculous thing she said was that Britain was now in control of its borders. I hadn't noticed.

I might add in this connection that YouTube has been prompting sundry videos giving statistics about the top x countries and their ... GDP, size of armed forces, number of tanks or aircraft etc., minutes of my life I will never get back. What has shocked me is just how far down Britain comes on some of these sets of statistics. The sun has not just set on the Empire, it has gone well below the horizon on many things, the Big Power Brexiter line really is increasingly a fantasy.

The Tories with their austerity plan (based on an economic lie), and Brexit (again based on another lie), have truly demolished this country to the point that without radical reform I don't think it will ever recover. A mighty lesson in national Hubris.

C R

Über Member
Did anyone watch the farmer interview that didn't quite go Mogg's way?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I ordered a trivial hozelock component off Amazon. Prime next day delivery. Big fail, it has been sitting in customs at Dover for 24 hours. It is only a plastic tap fitting, retail £17, coming from Germany. I love Brexit me 😊

D

Deleted member 121

Nick Griffin was spotted on his way to the GBNews mostly disused office, using it as a propaganda tool. Sadly (for him and CXRAndy), He went flying and so did his little finger on is left hand...

_b8b0b6f0-d38f-4997-bd02-b0184f07b860.jpeg

Top Bottom