A touch of the Irish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Performative outrage abounds, I presume?

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Guru
He missed a trick with the Annointing though, when the Archbishop pours oil on the King's head.

Loads of potential with that one.

Ye but, he wouldn't have seen that because Charlie & the bish were behind a screen, closeted... Oh, I see!

D

Deleted member 49

From my in-laws....sent with love from Ireland !
Screenshot_20230514-225952-940.png

D

Deleted member 49

Jeez, I thought it was rough where I grew up!
Rough isn't a word I'd probably use...it's a nationalist area.Georgeous part of the world around there,the Mournes and surrounding areas are cycling/walking heaven if you haven't ever visited.
Just don't go with you're union jack t shirt and shorts on 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Guru
Jeez, I thought it was rough where I grew up!

So rough they can produce a properly printed, well-designed, intelligently punctuated poster. What's not to like.

OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Guru
Obviously not guilty m'lord.

The Irish Language: ‘A lady lecturing on the Irish language drew attention to the fact (I mentioned it myself as long ago as 1925) that while the average English speaker gets along with a mere 400 words, the Irish-speaking peasant uses 4,000. Considering what most English speakers can achieve with their tiny fund of noises, it is a nice speculation to what extremity one would be reduced if one were locked up for a day with an Irish-speaking bore and bereft of all means of committing murder or suicide. My point, however, is this. The 400/4,000 ratio is fallacious; 400/400,000 would be more like it.’

Top Bottom