A touch of the Irish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Anybody been watching Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland ? On BBC I player.
Thought it was well done if not a difficult watch ! Frightening that some would even risk a return to this.

mudsticks

Squire
Anybody been watching Once Upon A Time In Northern Ireland ? On BBC I player.
Thought it was well done if not a difficult watch ! Frightening that some would even risk a return to this.

Not yet seen it, but I spent a day in Derry a couple of weeks back, took a tour of all those places that were in the news over my lifetime.
Including visiting the Free Derry museum.

It made more sense of what often seemed from a distance to be senseless conflict.
Particularly the initial civil rights marches in 68.

What was once the heavily fortified British army base is now a carpark.
The place I stayed was just above The Bogside, I'm sure the place still has its issues but it felt like a safe enough place to wander at will.

Next day I met a guy who was the nephew of one of the people killed in Bloody Sunday.

Like you say who would risk a return of all that ??

But to a Westminster centric government the real lives of these real people seem to be just an after afterthought - if that at all 🤔

PXL_20230905_111239633.MP.jpg

PXL_20230905_110920776.MP.jpg

PXL_20230905_092752555.MP.jpg

PXL_20230905_112336661.MP.jpg

PXL_20230905_115346846.MP.jpg

D

Deleted member 49

Not yet seen it, but I spent a day in Derry a couple of weeks back, took a tour of all those places that were in the news over my lifetime.
Including visiting the Free Derry museum.

It made more sense of what often seemed from a distance to be senseless conflict.
Particularly the initial civil rights marches in 68.

What was once the heavily fortified British army base is now a carpark.
The place I stayed was just above The Bogside, I'm sure the place still has its issues but it felt like a safe enough place to wander at will.

Next day I met a guy who was the nephew of one of the people killed in Bloody Sunday.

Like you say who would risk a return of all that ??

But to a Westminster centric government the real lives of these real people seem to be just an after afterthought - if that at all 🤔

View attachment 4577

View attachment 4578

View attachment 4579

View attachment 4580

View attachment 4581
Gorgeous city and warm people,glad you had a good time.Partner is back home at the moment...I'm sort of hoping she's going to return sometime soon 😁

D

Deleted member 49

@multitool you didn't read it did you ?

D

Deleted member 49

Read what? The BBC article to which you linked in #19?

Yes, I did.
Hardly. It has been discussed, at great length, for nearly 25 years.

The problem with civil war is that you have to move on, but in so doing somebody is going to feel aggrieved. In this case, the victims. Its messy.
So your first post is bollox because it has nothing to do with the Legacy Bill and you then say I only just posted it ?

multitool

Shaman
So your first post is bollox because it has nothing to do with the Legacy Bill and you then say I only just posted it ?

I can barely be arsed, Adam. If you are just spoiling for a stupid fight you'll need to look elsewhere.

The legacy bill has everything to do with an amnesty.

I said you posted the UTV interview with Varadkar after I posted. Which you did.

D

Deleted member 49

I can barely be arsed, Adam. If you are just spoiling for a stupid fight you'll need to look elsewhere.

The legacy bill has everything to do with an amnesty.
Feelings mutual usually but you try and write a smart ar$e answer and you'll get a reply.You could of just admitted you didn't bother reading it.If you want to quote me or use my name expect a reply.
Thick doesn't come close.

multitool

Shaman
Feelings mutual usually but you try and write a smart ar$e answer and you'll get a reply.You could of just admitted you didn't bother reading it.If you want to quote me or use my name expect a reply.
Thick doesn't come close.

Yes, I read it. No it doesn't conflict with what I said. If you think the issue of amnesty has hardly been mentioned in UK media you've clearly not heard of the 1998 GFA and never heard of people like Jonny Mercer.

What's your point dickhead?

ps It's 'could have', you illiterate fùck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Yes, I read it. No it doesn't conflict with what I said.

What's your point dickhead?
Read through what you've posted from post 19 on and you'll see who looks the pr1ck...although I never really doubted you.

Top Bottom