A warmer welcome for refugees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
A little bit of uncalled for snobbishness creeping in here. :sad:

I've been twice to the one in Merthyr when it first opened...
There was Robertson junior's diatribe against the Welsh language (in addition to the offences Mudsticks mentioned.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
There was Robertson junior's diatribe against the Welsh language (in addition to the offences Mudsticks mentioned.
The bloke is a bit of an opinionated a-hole, much like Wetherspoons' Martin but I am just talking about his stores which are like Marmite with a lot of divided opinion.

Ian H

Guru
The bloke is a bit of an opinionated a-hole, much like Wetherspoons' Martin but I am just talking about his stores which are like Marmite with a lot of divided opinion.
A bit worse than that. Tried to make all his check-out operators self-employed; convicted of using a field behind one store as a toxic dump; UKIP rant in the corner of every full-page newspaper ad (Robertson senior signed as 'Tripehound'); running rings around planning authorities, as detailed in his memoirs. Several friends refuse to set foot in the places.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
A bit worse than that. Tried to make all his check-out operators self-employed; convicted of using a field behind one store as a toxic dump; UKIP rant in the corner of every full-page newspaper ad (Robertson senior signed as 'Tripehound'); running rings around planning authorities, as detailed in his memoirs. Several friends refuse to set foot in the places.
Much like Martin then.

Top Bottom