A warmer welcome for refugees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

…and the Tour de France obvs….
How about 'the race to the bottom ' someone mentioned that one a while ago?

Never took part myself but each to their own.

FishFright

That is what we do now, it's not just about building houses that's happening already it's about building houses where the lowest of income groups are actually helped with. I mean it's nice they build a flat in London with an swinging pool on the top floor, but if you can only use it if you bought the 1 million+ most expensive home and can only look at it if you paid just below 900k in the same flat.

What does this priveledged reply has to add to the discusion? are you sort of trying to impose your view on others? Because other than that it really does'nt have a function.

I said that because @FishFright said something that had'nt had anything to the with the discussion, so that lead me to wonder if he understood the words of just found random trigger words and responded that way. Unfortunually that is a thing these days.

Probably but as explained above it was'nt about the level of english or my level of englsih but about the tone deff remark that had only at a side side track something to do with the topic, it's compable to wanting to fix the seatbelt fixings of a car when the issue is with the engine. But important but not in the slightest related but both in the topic of a car.

eyebrow raising is fine disagreeing with me too but please just on topic and not with getting unrelated things added into it.

Except that is was never about immigration in this case but more about how we manage it and i added to that that it's not only an uk problem but more around western europe, adding some semi racist thing to your earlier remark does'nt make it more relevant.

Except for it's twisting my words to fit an easyer narrative, which is a bit unfortunate because it is'nt what i actually said. i also never said ''too many immigrants'' i just made a point that it are not a few thousands like you stated but at least a few hunderd thousand, because those few thousand of your is monthly, and only for the uk. Still i never added a qualification to the numbers that's what you're doing now, my point is that with any number it more about managing, and at the moment western europe can't because those refuges will start at the bottom and that just where the main issues are in terms of housing/poverty etc. etc. and it will just add to the problem en make ukip and the likes in the rest of europe bigger.

Never about your immigration would be more accurate.

Yes I do read your posts even though it's almost the same things every time, the EU and other peoples right to movement. Unlike a clock a stuck a record isn't right twice a day.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
What do you think, sense of humour failure I fear. 🙄

Well who knows..

Or maybe, slightly higher standards of humour maybe..??

Round our way, not everyone falls about helpless at the mention of the word bottom..

:rolleyes:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
All while we bend over backwards, being accomadating trying to comprehend the word salad posts. ?
I agree sometimes his words can be tricky, but have you read some of Classics posts? We really should try and forgive the words used by someone who has the confidence to engage on a forum in a second or even third language?

And to be fair, he has grasped paragraph and sentence construction better than some on here.

D

Deleted member 28

Well who knows..

Or maybe, slightly higher standards of humour maybe..??

Round our way, not everyone falls about helpless at the mention of the word bottom..

:rolleyes:
Perhaps that's the problem?

Never about your immigration would be more accurate.

Yes I do read your posts even though it's almost the same things every time, the EU and other peoples right to movement. Unlike a clock a stuck a record isn't right twice a day.
exactly reading comprehension not only reading but also understanding what the words mean, you clearly lack on that part seeing your total false description of my post(s).

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
In Sheffield yesterday

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-59092059.amp

Thousands of people have gathered in Sheffield to welcome a huge puppet depicting a 10-year-old refugee.
Little Amal, who is 11.5ft (3.5m) tall, has so far travelled almost 4,970 miles (8,000km) from the Syria/Turkey border to the UK.
Amal, which is Arabic for hope, arrived in the UK's first City of Sanctuary by boat before being treated to performances welcoming her to the city.

John Tomlinson from Sheffield Theatres said it was a "very Sheffield welcome".

Top Bottom