A win for Mr Depp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Weirdy weirdness, I mentioned this to my wife and she said Oh yeah, he was here in Sheffield the other day playing a gig with Jeff Beck.

Not sure what this has got to do with anything but it seemed... weird.

Obviously I am Shocked and Disappointed to find that the worst person on here and the incoherent wrong-about-everything dude are massive Depp stans and men's rights activists,
Je-zus that's an new low, and that's admiring considering your usual very low standards.. i could counter with quite a few things but i'm not really interested in an race to the bottom i hope you recover from whatever shoot your taking

but what's more worrying about this case is the way that the pervasive social-media fuelled misinformation and misogyny has influenced generally reasonable people and suppressed the facts.
You mean when she made all kind of accusations on social media claimed Depp bought everyone defending him and then not one but two off his ex-es came to spoke to court under oath to explain her assumptions where wrong. Both of them sure as hell not needing Depps money..
Just one of the things that doesn't add up, do you ever thing of the rights of that women who testified Heard used her ''Rape experience'' and told it as if it where her own? inmagine the pain of being raped trusting someone to share hat you have been trough with and then later find out that that person is using it as somekind of sick act?
Depp is a textbook abuser and the pattern of his behaviour depressingly conventional. The extent of the insane misogynistic commentary and pile-on, though, makes the Amanda Knox case look almost rational in comparison, and the damage to victims' ability to speak out is incalculable (which of course is much of the point).
It was heard who said amongst other things ''who's gonna believe you johnny?'' which is an classic abuser tactic, just all those other things, heard claims to have heard a broken nose, but the evidence is off course lacking, in contrary to Depps broken finger.

This, with Michael Hobbes, is a useful podcast for those who can't face unpicking it all.

View: https://anchor.fm/cancel-me-daddy/episodes/Deep-Depp-ception-e1j2j8l

Oh je-zus a other podcast so you need someone to tell you how to cherry pick because you don't have the knowledge yourself.. how surprising something about low standards and such in case you have forgotten already yes @theclaud i mean you. (see i just tag you instead of cowardly using stupid description to personally attack someone becuase you once again can't stay ontopic.. defending an abuser by being abusive how typicall...

D

Deleted member 49

Allways seemed like a charmer....
Depp on Heard: "I cannot wait to have this waste
of a cum guzzler out of my life!!! I met farking sublime little Russian here ... Which makes me realize the time I blew on that 50 cent stripper ... I can only hope that karma kicks in and takes the gift of breath from her"

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Next up from Craig, why oh why is it OK to take the knee before football matches, but not OK to be Grand Wizard of the Nuneaton Chapter of the KKK?
Next up from theclaud, a vitriolic statement and something nasty that she can't explain 20 minutes later because it made no sense in the first place, but instead of thinking it through she will double down on the insults.

So come on claud, tell us why being a men's activist is an insult?

D

Deleted member 28

Whereas your OP as a 'contribution' adds... what, exactly, to the tawdry spectacle?
Except sh1t grammar.

Unlike you of course, Grammer aside obviously.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Come on, tell us why men's activist is used as an insult, but black/gay/women's/disabled etc activist not?
Incoherence is a hallmark of the whole woke CRT leftist mindset. Racism if wrong, except it's OK to hate whites for their privilege.
How about some real analysis:
It was interesting to see a more thoughtful analysis rather than the histrionics of social media. The US doesn't appear to have much concept of things being sub judice.

I happened to see short comment on this from a woman who blogs about abuse in America who made the point that Heard lied in court, and this was her undoing. Her own rule is always, but always, tell the truth as you believe it to be. And never do so to cause malicious harm to another. What Heard did, if true, was make things harder for those many women and men who truly suffer domestic abuse. The #MeToo movement is not to be embraced for one’s personal benefit.

icowden

Legendary Member
Personally, I think it's interesting in a number of ways. This quote from Kelly Sundberg, a Professor at Ashland University:
"Even if she [Heard] had won, this would have had a chilling effect on survivors because no-one wants to be disbelieved and discredited on the kind of scale that she was," said Ms Sundberg.
"If I had seen this kind of response before I wrote my book, I don't think I would have felt safe publishing it," she said.
"It was horrific," Ms Bedera added. "People called her a psycho, a liar, they said she was crazy, she was manipulative, they said that she deserved what happened to her."
And then this:-
During the trial, the court heard recordings of Ms Heard seeming to taunt and bully her former partner. In one clip, she admits to "hitting" Mr Depp before telling him not to be a "baby".
"Tell the world, Johnny," she says in another, recorded in 2016. "Tell them, 'I, Johnny Depp, a man, a victim, too, of domestic violence.'"
These clips were routinely employed as evidence on social media that Ms Heard was lying, and was the "real" aggressor in her relationship.
But that same scrutiny did not seem to apply to Mr Depp.
The court heard numerous witnesses, including his former girlfriend actor Ellen Barkin, describe his alleged drug and alcohol abuse and violent tendencies. In recorded audio, the court heard Mr Depp shout insults and obscenities at Ms Heard, and saw messages in which he said he wished Ms Heard would die.

So there are clips of Amber Heard admitting to physical violence but no evidence of Depps actual "violent" tendencies, other than shouting at Amber, the context of which may not have been available.

There doesn't seem to be any countenance that it might be possible that Amber was the abuser and Depp the abused, or consideration of the possibility that someone being abused might have also kicked back verbally at times. Clearly it wasn't a good relationship, and it isn't clear why Depp didn't just end the relationship, but then actors tend to be needy people...

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Being totally honest I have no idea who or what to believe in this whole sorry spectacle. I tend to avoid tabloid speculation and trials by media but this has been inescapable and I don't think anyone comes out of it looking good.

Despite the vast sums of money involved the whole thing just feels like a tawdry piece of "entertainment".

So there are clips of Amber Heard admitting to physical violence but no evidence of Depps actual "violent" tendencies, other than shouting at Amber, the context of which may not have been available.

There doesn't seem to be any countenance that it might be possible that Amber was the abuser and Depp the abused, or consideration of the possibility that someone being abused might have also kicked back verbally at times. Clearly it wasn't a good relationship, and it isn't clear why Depp didn't just end the relationship, but then actors tend to be needy people...
What all those clips in any case showed, and that is not being said so much, is how heard abused the fact that there is a taboo on men admitting they are the victim of domestic abuse, the little evidence there is on cases like this suggest men are more likely to commit suicide. Instead of standing up against someone like Heard.

What your quote of ''professor Kelly Sundberg'' also once again shows is that there is no shortage of standing up for the position of women, but not so much for men.

Top Bottom