An Englishman Abroad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
A less funny version of Sir Michael Take.

D

Deleted member 121

They're horrible and confusing the French. I once gave directions French HGV driver who spoke no english and was looking for a local company. I had this covered. I said yes mate. "Erste Links, Fahren Sie einen Kilometer weiter, dann den zweiten auf der rechten Seite" He knew enough English to call me a w4nker and drove off. I'm Still confused to this day how he knew me so well, i'd never met him before!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Guru
They're horrible and confusing the French. I once gave directions French HGV driver who spoke no english and was looking for a local company. I had this covered. I said yes mate. "Erste Links, Fahren Sie einen Kilometer weiter, dann den zweiten auf der rechten Seite" He knew enough English to call me a w4nker and drove off. I'm Still confused to this day how he knew me so well, i'd never met him before!

Who's confusing the French?

Once a Wheeler

The incident reminds me of a placard I saw at a pro-EU march some time ago. (My photo of it was so awful I mocked it up for display here.)
0YM6 BunkingOffSmall.jpg

…and bunking off French obviously prevents you getting where you want to go.

icowden

Legendary Member
Except it wasn’t really an incident.

Of course not. But the whole thing is very well done.
https://thecritic.co.uk/the-curious-case-of-rs-archer/

Julia9054

Regular
It’s not good when people are taken in by this.
If it was a right wing fantasist on a UKIP rant we would all be calling out this sort of fake news as a worrying trend.

You'd have to be particularly gullible to believe it was genuine.
It was a great story to start with and fun to read but lost it's potency as it got more ridiculous.
I stopped following him when he started adding lots of anti trans stuff.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Ian H

Ian H

Guru
You'd have to be particularly gullible to believe it was genuine.
It was a great story to start with and fun to read but lost it's potency as it got more ridiculous.
I stopped following him when he started adding lots of anti trans stuff.

I hadn't noticed that twist... hmm.

Top Bottom