And They're Off! The race for London Mayor begins again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
Yep. Frank Dobson stood for Labour as Kuddly Ken was persona non-grata at the time...

Of course, Khan is a "proper" candidate this time, so the situation doesn't quite compare.

stowie

Since Goldsmith, the Tories haven't even tried in London.

What they have done though is changed the election rules to tip the balance in their favour, and this alone might be enough to get them the result even with a candidate as woeful as her. Khan is currently on 33% and Hall on 32%. Under the old system, most of the Lib-Dem and pretty much all the Green votes would have transferred to Khan making it a non-contest.

All it needs is for Corbyn to run and take some Labour votes, and the Tories to stoke up some ULEZ angst in the areas outside the N and S Circular and Hall might get through.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Thick as a brick.
I think that's very unfair to the building materials community...

albion

Guru
I haven't seen any comments on this forum belittling Angela Rayner's former choice of career?

Indeed, I don't recall seeing any criticism of Angela Rayner on this forum at all.

Starmer, Corbyn, Livingstone, Galloway. All are/were Labour. Not forgetting Ed Milliband,

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
Fox not on the ballot:
Guess he foxxed up.

That's what you get for not doing your homework. You can't just hand it in a few hours before the deadline having made up some names.
He's already boohooing that it's political corruption - to which the London Elects team have told him in no uncertain words that he is wrong with very much a subtext of "bugger off you shyster".

multitool

Shaman
GJx0rpGWwAEXZym.jpeg

I don't know. Maybe somebody who can't fill out a form correctly AND OVERPAID is perhaps not the right person to run one of the World's major capital cities.

Top Bottom