Anyone else get Farage's ugly mug at the top of the page?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They seem to have run out of pants to show me..

Now it's this..

View attachment 899

One of my workmates went to 'drag bingo' last week..

Said it was 'fun' :becool:
It's not exactly the most culturally sensitive name for a gambling house, is it?

mudsticks

Squire
It's not exactly the most culturally sensitive name for a gambling house, is it?

No not really..

But just you wait, a lefty , pc gawn mob will be along in a mo, with a crispy petition to get it changed..

Garage can make a stand on that one next..

Liberate the doughty bingo halls of inglund from being cancelled by the wokeists.

Although it sounds like they've already been taken over by the cross-dressers.. :eek:

mudsticks

Squire
Yeah, I get the pants too. They seem to be aimed at the larger gentleman so not sure why the algorithm thinks I'd be interested. It would be quite the feller who could fill those pink ones out.
Nor I...

Unless of course they're offering to ship the chap who's modelling them too 🤔

mudsticks

Squire
It's all gone a bit weird now..

I think I preferred the big man pants..
Screenshot_20220327-041323.png

Dolls kill ???🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's all gone a bit weird now..

I think I preferred the big man pants.. View attachment 900

Dolls kill ???🙄

My ads are showing rather attractive young ladies in skimpy underwear, that is not a complaint, but, I shan't be buying any ;)

In "the other place" my ads are for The Masters Golf.... I don't play golf, and have zero interest in it.

Both options preferable to Farage.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't know Shaun's advertising model, but IME it works one of two ways: you get ads served based on your own, individual browsing history; or you get ads based on whatever media agency the site has been sold to.

I suspect probably the latter for both sites. Though things may have changed, and that's a very simplistic way of looking at how things were when I was more involved in the online advertising caper.

mudsticks

Squire
I don't know Shaun's advertising model, but IME it works one of two ways: you get ads served based on your own, individual browsing history; or you get ads based on whatever media agency the site has been sold to.

I suspect probably the latter for both sites. Though things may have changed, and that's a very simplistic way of looking at how things were when I was more involved in the online advertising caper.

I think unless you have ad preferences you get stuff based on time of day and website viewed .

Hence pants psychedelic, pants Farrige, and Mecca Bingo for me :wacko:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

If the ads are based on browsing history, I will have find out who has been using my phone to browse scantily clad young women. It wasn’t me, honest m’lud. ;)

Ian H

Guru
From my small experience of Google ads, you set the format and position, and any exclusions you feel necessary. Google does the rest. What you see will be loosely based on your browser's privacy settings.

Top Bottom