Apart from TC is anyone else having less hot meals in this heat?

Apart from TC is anyone else having less hot meals in this heat?

• With bag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Without bag.

• I'm eating like a rabbit including the poo

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

I'm firmly in the less hot meals camp at the moment and have just turned down a roast pork dinner in favour of a ceasar salad.

What say the great and the good.

Pol included.

Mugshot

Über Member
A little I guess, I do have to get my arse in gear and start making my sarnies for work again though, I'm getting into the habit of having something from the canteen, then it's always at least one hot per day.
We also bought a komado egg recently, so tend to play with that when the weather's nice, even if we're having salad with what we grill, it's still something hot.
Overall, probably eating less, rather than eating less hot stuff in the heat I'd say.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

A little I guess, I do have to get my arse in gear and start making my sarnies for work again though, I'm getting into the habit of having something from the canteen, then it's always at least one hot per day.
We also bought a komado egg recently, so tend to play with that when the weather's nice, even if we're having salad with what we grill, it's still something hot.
Overall, probably eating less, rather than eating less hot stuff in the heat I'd say.

Had to Google the egg, crikey there a bit spendy. I'm eating less to but a lot less hot.
Having said that I did have a quick dirty chicken donner this afternoon. :whistle:

Mugshot

Über Member
Had to Google the egg, crikey there a bit spendy. I'm eating less to but a lot less hot.
Having said that I did have a quick dirty chicken donner this afternoon. :whistle:

Cheap(er) Aldi knock off mate. Tell you what though, oh my word the food is tasty!!!

Here was me thinking how well you'd done turning down the roast, and it was only because you'd been stuffing your guts earlier.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Cheap(er) Aldi knock off mate. Tell you what though, oh my word the food is tasty!!!

Here was me thinking how well you'd done turning down the roast, and it was only because you'd been stuffing your guts earlier.

Confession time, I'm having it as a mini roast. Small pork steak, roast courgette, peas and sweetcorn. Home made apple jelly on the side. I can handle that in this heat.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
We also bought a komado egg recently

I've got a mate who uses one of those to burn sausages. Expensive hobby.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

We're struggling to come up with different versions of salads this summer, we have them so often.

Grated carrots are great, I'm sure you've done that. I like to add anchovies to some, olives,, beetroot (fresh not pickled), peanuts, shaved courgette, parmesan, blue cheese, soy sauce, sesame seeds. Grapes, apple.

Not all in one salad of course but things I like to add to a base.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
It's not been that hot here since early last week. the duck is the first roast dinner I've had for months tho. I love a Caesar salad, but not as much as I love a Salade Nicoise, or it's sandwichy relation Pan Bagnat.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

I may have to go all Facebook and start posting pictures of plates of food :smile:

Pre butter and apple jelly.

IMG_20220724_194316.jpg

Top Bottom