Are you still wearing a face mask?

Are you still wearing a face mask?

• Yes - all of the time

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes - most of the time (in shops etc.)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's still a legal requirement here for shops, public transport, work etc. I don't go to pubs or restaurants yet.

From your Id, I assume "here" is Scotland, perhaps, even Glasgow. Has mask wearing being a legal requirement produced better infection figures than in equivalent English Cities?

BoldonLad

I was in Germany at the weekend and wore a mask going into shops and bars. We were the only ones doing so. I asked if they were compulsory, which I thought was the law, and was told they were but no one bothered checking. Here in Holland, masks are only compulsory on public transport and that is just about the only place they are worn. You must show a COVID passport (a QR code on your phone) to enter a bar/restaurant/cinema but not a shop, museum or even a museum shop.

ETA:
Went to a party in a basement in a bar in Amsterdam on Saturday night. Had to show a COVID pass to get in but did not need to wear a mask. The basement was heaving with lots of kissed greetings, hugs, etc. Madness.

But, last time I looked, Germany and Holland allegedly had much lower infection and death rates than the UK.

Does this stack up with the current demands for Plan B?

The Crofted Crest

But, last time I looked, Germany and Holland allegedly had much lower infection and death rates than the UK.

Does this stack up with the current demands for Plan B?

Rates in Holland are certainly lower but the number of cases is rising very quickly. It's mostly the unvaccinated who are becoming ill. IC bed occupancy rates are approaching their limits. In the 2020 lockdown patients had to be shipped out to Germany because IC capacity had been deliberately cut back over many years. There is talk of another lockdown but the politicians don't seem too eager. As in the UK, their general thinking is it's something we just have to get used to and a booster jab is on the way. The medics are saying measures have to be taken now.

mudsticks

Squire
Naked consumerism.

Oh you saw last year's farm calendar then.:rolleyes:

N+1, dear girl, N+1....

I think I'll stop at two for now..

Although I wouldn't mind a decent power harrow..

It's next on the list..^_^

glasgowcyclist

Ãœber Member
From your Id, I assume "here" is Scotland, perhaps, even Glasgow. Has mask wearing being a legal requirement produced better infection figures than in equivalent English Cities?

Yes, I'm in Glasgow. Sorry, I don't know about comparative infection rates, I haven't checked.

BoldonLad

Rates in Holland are certainly lower but the number of cases is rising very quickly. It's mostly the unvaccinated who are becoming ill. IC bed occupancy rates are approaching their limits. In the 2020 lockdown patients had to be shipped out to Germany because IC capacity had been deliberately cut back over many years. There is talk of another lockdown but the politicians don't seem too eager. As in the UK, their general thinking is it's something we just have to get used to and a booster jab is on the way. The medics are saying measures have to be taken now.

So, Johnson and co are running Holland too? ;)

BoldonLad

Yes, I'm in Glasgow. Sorry, I don't know about comparative infection rates, I haven't checked.

I cannot find daily infection rates by area or city on the Scotland Health website, best(?) I can find is daily figures for whole of Scotland (approx 2200).

Nearest English City, by population, is possibly Sheffield (slightly smaller). But, without infection figures, comparisons are not possible, not saying the would be meaningful, even if they were available.

BoldonLad

Why not find out and then you'll know ?

I did try to find out. Could not find any infection rates by city for Scotland. The nearest English city I could find, by population size, was Sheffield. But, without infection figures, no comparison possible. Figures for the whole of Scotland, and the whole of England are available, but, given the variation in population densities, I didn't think comparison meaningful. Others may think differently of course.

Top Bottom