Armageddon...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

outta here.

What's the best way to prepare?

Anyone in their 70s and 80s care to reveal what we did during the Bay of Pigs?

Will you stock up on emergency rations of food/fuel/iodine tabs or will you get in your car and drive to be nearer the epicentre of any strikes on Britain to hasten the inevitable end?

Or should we remain in a state of collective denial? If it happens, it happens and there's no point worrying about something that usually (but not always) resolves itself?

What's soooo annoying is not having a timescale.
Should I bother fighting to get a Doctors appointment or just not bother? The car also needs an MOT, not much point if the world's gonna end next week....

Beebo

Veteran
outta here.

Will you stock up on emergency rations of food/fuel/iodine tabs or will you get in your car and drive to be nearer the epicentre of any strikes on Britain to hasten the inevitable end?

Or should we remain in a state of collective denial? If it happens, it happens and there's no point worrying about something that usually (but not always) resolves itself?

I’m in the can’t be arsed camp.
Prepping seems too much effort for very little benefit. Who wants to live in a post nuclear dystopian future.
My hope is I get chewed up in the initial blast as I’m only 12 miles from central London

I’m in the can’t be arsed camp.
Prepping seems too much effort for very little benefit. Who wants to live in a post nuclear dystopian future.
My hope is I get chewed up in the initial blast as I’m only 12 miles from central London

A post nuclear dystopian future might be preferable to the current one....

D

Deleted member 49

Stock up on booze and class A drugs....you won't feel a thing.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I'm going to send off a strongly worded message to my MP with a copy to Putin.

That should sort it.

I was 14 at the time of the Cuba crisis and tbh I and my friends had more pressing things on our minds at the time, usually related to girls. We obviously followed the news in the papers and on TV but I don't remember my parents' opinions at the time, and it didn't stop them going to the pub.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
outta here.

Like Rusty, I was a teen at the time of Bay of Pigs, and, subsequent Cuba missile crisis.

We were too busy chasing girls and drinking alcohol, whilst under age. I did also do a bit of cycling, after my newspaper round.

Mr Celine

During the 30 years I've lived at Celine Towers every conflict the UK has got involved in has been preceded by the RAF screaming overhead practising their low flying. I've not seen or heard any fast jets for years.

Until 10 minutes ago. A typhoon, flying very low. :sad:

Top Bottom