As long as the shareholders don't suffer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
Does it, please feel free to enlighten me as to which shares are morally exepteble to hold and which are not.

Like people, some companies act more ethically than others.

Have you not found this to be the case?

multitool

Shaman
Yeah, all those years at public school playing croquet didn't stand me in good stead for 'real' hard men like you, Shep

Last edited:

ebikeerwidnes

I've had an idea. Doesn't happen very often.

How about an all expenses paid trip to the Sunderland coast for the shareholders including a swim in the area where the company they have shares in is responsible for the water quality? What could possibly go wrong.

Drinks at the table is bottled water taken from the rivers they discharge into???

IMG_3688.jpeg
https://x.com/sanny_rudra/status/1690784684421074944?s=61&t=IaNHN0MzKohAo3Ktl0DsFQ

Beebo

Veteran
United Utilities Water company illegally extracted £65million of water from an aquifer.

They have been fined just £800,000 for effectively stealing £65m of water which we own.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
United Utilities Water company illegally extracted £65million of water from an aquifer.

They have been fined just £800,000 for effectively stealing £65m of water which we own.

How did they value the water? at domestic rateable value charging rte, at domestic billing rate, at industrial rate, or, at leakage rate?

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

Seems like a good deal!

great business model - no wonder they don't want to be re nationalised!

Top Bottom