Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

So Tesla was spooked (possibly by the walls) and slowed down to stop. The driver failed to take over. The guy following was driving too close and failed to brake, and several others were doing the same. If the Tesla had just broken down, would we still be saying it was the fault of the Tesla? The footage shows that far from the Tesla causing a crash, it is other drivers poor driving that caused the crash.
Screenshot_20230111-141529-762.png

Watching again I agree that the driver that hit the Tesla wasn’t to blame. It’s hard to make the same argument for all of those further back.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
I noticed that with the 25 grand UK MG4, it is said the standard model use LifeP04 for 'at least double the longevity'.
I assume that is right and will be the car that holds its value better, being nearer that 'million km' car.

For Tesla China gets these whilst the US gets the less safe standard batteries. And there it is said the China built ones do not have the varied quality of US builds.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Musk has his eyes firmly focussed on the upsell. He even tweeted that restrictions on his SSD (sometimes self driving) software could be left once 10,000km are passed. A forever dodgy geezer methinks.
Next tweet 'great for drink drivers'?

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
"Ever since Autopilot was released in October 2015, Musk has encouraged drivers to think of it as more advanced than it was, stating in January 2016 that it was “probably better” than a human driver. "
' “The person in the driver’s seat is only there for legal reasons. He is not doing anything. The car is driving itself.” Musk also rejected the name “Copilot” in favor of “Autopilot.” '
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/17/magazine/tesla-autopilot-self-driving-elon-musk.html
Reading between the lines on this, if you get your bike to 20mph your chance of not being wiped out might well improve.

Meanwhile, away from that craziness, the Guardian tells us that the 2016 video was itself staged.
https://amp.theguardian.com/technol...riving-video-staged-testimony-senior-engineer

Last edited:
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/31/ai-research-pause-elon-musk-chatgpt

I imagine, amidst the dismay ,opponents will have preferred Musk to have no signed.

icowden

Legendary Member
https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/31/ai-research-pause-elon-musk-chatgpt
I imagine, amidst the dismay ,opponents will have preferred Musk to have no signed.
This seems an odd comment:-
Critics have accused the Future of Life Institute (FLI), which is primarily funded by the Musk Foundation, of prioritising imagined apocalyptic scenarios over more immediate concerns about AI – such as racist or sexist biases being programmed into the machines.
Stop worrying about the AI launching nuclear missiles and focus on making sure it uses the right pronouns and language!

This seems an odd comment:-
Stop worrying about the AI launching nuclear missiles and focus on making sure it uses the right pronouns and language!

It seems entirely reasonable to me. One is a theoretical future risk, the other - and I’m sure you know the biasex are already more far reaching than pronouns - is happening right now.

Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
It seems entirely reasonable to me. One is a theoretical future risk, the other - and I’m sure you know the biasex are already more far reaching than pronouns - is happening right now.

So because my house has the potential to explode as it's made of highly volatile materials, I shouldn't worry about that but focus on the wallpapering?

multitool

Shaman
Tesla are a weird phenomenon. We've gone from thinking "wtf is that?" when first sighting one, to surprise at their ubiquity. From slight envy of their owners, to pity that they've blown so much money on an incipient fireball.

Last edited:
Top Bottom