Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://techxplore.com/news/2020-03-fast-charging-electric-car-batteries.html

Something people already may know.
Do not fast charge your electric car. Or for that matter, smartphone.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Worth a mention in that it might continue the close to ending Lithium Ion battery dominance.
https://group14.technology/en/technology

SCC55 won a Time prouct of 2022 award. However, without ever saying, it appears to simply be another graphene anode, an area where difficulties exist in mass production.
I wonder if rumoured coming sodium-ion batteries are 3D graphene based too.

icowden

Legendary Member
Non story. Tesla in full self drive slowed down. Moron failed to brake in time and crashed into Tesla.

The police report said the vehicle was traveling at 55mph when it shifted lane but braked abruptly, slowing the car to about 20mph. That led to another vehicle hitting the Tesla and a chain reaction of crashes, according to Reuters.
So yes, The Tesla should not have slowed to 20mph but a) the driver should have taken immediate control, b) it should not have been rear ended if other cars were driving properly.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
All 7 other cars?

Apparantly it shot across the lanes coming to an abrupt stop.
My first thought was that it got deceived by cars having the audacity to be in a jam on a bridge.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
https://electrek.co/2022/12/22/tesl...trial-of-enhanced-autopilot-for-the-holidays/

Happy holidays. Give that Tesla driver a wide berth. He might be on one. Anecdotally, the so called FSD has a not with it moment once per 1000km. The sudden lurch across lanes thing is well documented. That leaves me curious as to what percentage of the lurch is a 'bridge moment'.

Buyers of Tesla can usually afford the crazy $15,000 price. So it going on mass sale means the risk of the documented cyclist moment and infinite others FSD fails will get way higher. Musk knows what he was doing when he banned those autopilot safety ads on Twitter.

icowden

Legendary Member
Happy holidays. Give that Tesla driver a wide berth. He might be on one. Anecdotally, the so called FSD has a not with it moment once per 1000km. The sudden lurch across lanes thing is well documented. That leaves me curious as to what percentage of the lurch is a 'bridge moment'.
The link shows a trial of Enhanced Autopilot, not FSD.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
All 7 other cars?
Yes. Have you seen the way some people drive?

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Whilst an unknown 30 day increased risk for cyclists, I am sort of thankful I immobilised at the moment.
On that accident, it is generally accepted that it was Tesla autopilot based.
https://electrek.co/2022/12/22/tesla-bring-back-pr-department/
That guy has got it completely wrong there. Musk certainly closes stuff so that nothing leaks. Free speech is his speech.
Will be fascinating to see how his shadow banning flows.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
On that accident, it is generally accepted that it was Tesla autopilot based.
Yes, the initial cause was the Tesla autopilot slowing down. However the Tesla and its driver are not responsible for the poor driving of the people behind the Tesla who failed to brake in a timely manner, presumably because they were driving too closely together.

matticus

Guru
FilDht0XwAAhjBi.png

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

icowden

Legendary Member
Maybe this had been up here allready ? Self driving cars are a bit like flying cars for me....better in movies.
So Tesla was spooked (possibly by the walls) and slowed down to stop. The driver failed to take over. The guy following was driving too close and failed to brake, and several others were doing the same. If the Tesla had just broken down, would we still be saying it was the fault of the Tesla? The footage shows that far from the Tesla causing a crash, it is other drivers poor driving that caused the crash.

Top Bottom