Big brother Tesla

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Watch out for the 'easy money' ponzi scheme. Obviously it relies on new Tesla buyers, not its the existing rich clientele.
BYD now has a car with Lidar so I expect any new, pie in the sky, Teslas for sale tied into a credit broker pard will have to be Lidar too.
https://fortune.com/2024/08/12/uber-ceo-elon-musk-self-driving-cars/

Not sure I would want my car being used unsupervised on a Saturday night. Plus you would need special insurance.
Also I would have to empty it of all my stuff.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
Essentially it would be an 'owner sacrifice scheme'. You would get priority for personal use if you book ahead.
Risks are transferred to the owner, thus the ponzi feel.

Musk, as per usual, seems to be simply operating in pseudo pump and dump mode.

lazybloke

Regular
Why are you keeping stuff in your car?

So that i have useful things to hand, eg a squeegee, hand sanitiser, spare bulbs, some basic tools, a shopping bag, tissues, sealant & pump for tyres, otc painkillers, etc.

Plus things i consider vital, even if I've never used them: warning triangle and hi-vis vests.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
So that i have useful things to hand, eg a squeegee, hand sanitiser, spare bulbs, some basic tools, a shopping bag, tissues, sealant & pump for tyres, otc painkillers, etc.
Plus things i consider vital, even if I've never used them: warning triangle and hi-vis vests.
Well if you have a robotaxi, you can forget needing spare bulbs or tools and the sealant system for tyres is in the car as standard. The tissues and paracetamol can just go in a little lock box in the frunk. Problem solved.

lazybloke

Regular
Well if you have a robotaxi, you can forget needing spare bulbs or tools and the sealant system for tyres is in the car as standard. The tissues and paracetamol can just go in a little lock box in the frunk. Problem solved.
There wasn't a problem. :okay:
I simply listed stuff that might be kept in a car, since the question was asked.

I'll put the thread back on ignore now, in case my brain is damaged by reading anything by that Tesla sheep.

What else do I have in a car?
Device charging adapter and hydra cable.
Paperwork/stickers for Crit'Air , the dump, the work car park, a relative's parking permit, his blue badge.
Mints.
L plates.
In winter: blanket. shovel. rope.
Spare glasses/sunglasses
Shopping trolley token.
Pad & pen.
Tissues.
Moisturiser.
Suncream.
Tampons/STs.

If there's an Icowden-other-half, and if they have a car, do you decree they mustn't keep anything in there?

icowden

Legendary Member
If there's an Icowden-other-half, and if they have a car, do you decree they mustn't keep anything in there?
There is, and as a wise husband I wouldn't decree anything.
However if I was putting the car to work as a taxi, I'd probably suggest it was a good idea not to keep much in there.

Not sure I would want my car being used unsupervised on a Saturday night. Plus you would need special insurance.
Also I would have to empty it of all my stuff.
You are aware it isn't a new concept right? you can pick and choose from people doing the same thing with their crs with for example with Zippyshare and hertz and Europcar have something similar but i forgot the name.
Oh and all three (ande there are a few others too, indeed recommend not to leave your fleshlight, satifiyer pro, and all other personal stuff in the car if you rent it out. But you also have car vaults so you can keep your items safe but still in the car if you would really want to.

icowden

Legendary Member
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/self-driving-tesla-drive-1235079210/
Interestingly, it seems to the self driving feature only gets used 15% of the time, I assume because it is simply far too unnerving/dangerous.
I think you have to be very careful with that measurement. Of the 400k cars with FSD fitted, it is very possible that the owners have not paid to use it. The stat doesn't make clear whether this is people who have paid for FSD. Secondly, if those people are not in the USA, the FSD may have been limited. For example you can't use it in Europe or the UK. Many people will prefer to use it on the freeway rather than on local streets etc

icowden

Legendary Member
...but for the fact that it refers to those who purchased FSD.
No it doesn't. Show me where it says this. This is the relevant paragraph:-

At the same time, there are indications that customers who have paid up to $15,000 for FSD capability are finding it unsatisfactory. O’Dowd and the Dawn Project have gone over Tesla data on the mileage that more 400,000 vehicles with FSD have traveled with the system engaged and determined that these drivers are, on average, only using it 15 percent of the time. If it were as safe and capable as advertised, you might expect drivers to rely on it more often.

OP
OP
albion

albion

Guru
'these drivers '

There is chance there is intentional misleading.
FSD is not FSD, itself an intentionally misleading salespitch. This does not refer to the less missold Tesla Autopilot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom