Bojo on good form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
It would appear there are exceptions. When Johnson made it public knowledge that he was treated for covid, that previously protected information became accessible via an FOI request.
Well it's an interesting bit of semantics. If Boris had publicly said that "i had covid" the hospital could indeed confirm that. They could not however reveal any details of his treatment.

Now this numpty, M J Ball asked the specific question:-
So, did St Thomas's Hospital hold any evidence of preparations to announce @BorisJohnson's death?
Great question - except that...

Hospitals and doctors do not make plans or preparations to announce someone's death to the public. That would be the job of the Downing Street / Civil Service operations.

Doctors would make plans for end of life care, but those would not be revealed via FOI. So this eejit is on a hiding to nothing and trying to make false corollary.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
BoldonLad said:

How? Your medical record is confidential between you and your doctors whether you are Bert the Plummer or Boris the Prime Minister. If you are Boris or Queen Elizabeth your medical records will possibly be subject to *additional* protection, but it shouldn't be needed. It is illegal to access the medical records of a patient and share that information if you are not involved in their care. It is a disciplinary offence just to access the records if you have no good reason for doing so, and all access to records is audited.

Personal information is exempt from FOI requests.

You have lost me, to me, you are saying what I said, in more words?

Beebo

Veteran
Well done to Private Eye for publishing the BJ BJ revelations.
It will be interesting to see if any Sunday papers run with the story.
It happened when Mrs May was PM. If she knew she would have sacked him instantly.

Ian H

Guru
Word is going round that the MP who caught them at it got a knighthood (buying his silence). Co-incidentally, Gavin Williamson was knighted around the same time.

Word is going round that the MP who caught them at it got a knighthood (buying his silence). Co-incidentally, Gavin Williamson was knighted around the same time.

Seen several memes on Facebook naming Gav. Another source says Connor Burns.

James O'Brien on LBC stated the 'event' was in his Commons room and not his Ministerial gaff at the Foreign Office which would explain how they were interrupted.

Beebo

Veteran
I heard it was Lord Ashcroft.
But who cares. It’s unacceptable behaviour in a work environment.
It’s a disciplinary offence

Top Bottom