Brave, brave soldiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A thread to bookmark desperate doubletalk from Johnson’s remaining apologists. They must surely know that they are giving up any remaining shred of credibility and honour by carrying on. I’m looking forward to seeing them all turn on a sixpence and distance themselves from his lies in an effort to ingratiate themselves with the new regime.

First up, the ever reliable under-the-bus stuntman Kwasi Kwarteng.

View: https://twitter.com/haggis_uk/status/1490266046179295236?s=21

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
L'etat c'est le Tory party.

Beebo

Veteran
Collective responsibility in Cabinet means they have no choice but to defend the indefensible. It’s why the current cabinet has been totally hollowed out.

It will be funny see them all disown Johnson when he eventually goes.

icowden

Legendary Member
What makes you despair even more is that he thinks that "normal" people don't get scammed online or defrauded. His only concept of fraud appears to be high level embezzlement and millionaires tax dodging, or city traders going bust.

What makes you despair even more is that he thinks that "normal" people don't get scammed online or defrauded. His only concept of fraud appears to be high level embezzlement and millionaires tax dodging, or city traders going bust.

Fraud and scams are much less risky for the perp than robbing or burgling and nicking tellies and videos isn't the goldmine it was 25years ago.

It's no surprise that crims move their focus to the area that's least effort.

Last edited:
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
It will be funny see them all disown Johnson when he eventually goes.
It will. Who do we think will be first to prostitute him/herself and pledge unwavering allegiance to the new king or queen? I’m going to guess early and say Grant Shapps.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
Fraud is a career choice for these people.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
A thread to bookmark desperate doubletalk from Johnson’s remaining apologists. They must surely know that they are giving up any remaining shred of credibility and honour by carrying on. I’m looking forward to seeing them all turn on a sixpence and distance themselves from his lies in an effort to ingratiate themselves with the new regime.

View: https://twitter.com/haggis_uk/status/1490266046179295236?s=21

You can understand why the Tories don’t want to count fraud as a crime though.

Beebo

Veteran
It will. Who do we think will be first to prostitute him/herself and pledge unwavering allegiance to the new king or queen? I’m going to guess early and say Grant Shapps.
Who? The MP who sold get rich quick schemes under a pseudonym.
Never.

OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
Who? The MP who sold get rich quick schemes under a pseudonym.
Never.
I may not have expressed myself clearly. I don’t expect Shapps to become PM but he is my prediction to be the first to reverse ferret in public. I meant the new king or queen of Downing Street, not the actual monarch.

Fraud and scams are much less risky for the perp than robbing or burgling and nicking tellies and videos isn't the goldmine it was 25years ago.

It's no surprise that crims move their focus to the area that's least effort.
They are not comparable and the numbers don't really support the suggestion they moved, the crime numbers are a bit diffrent because we had 2 years of lockdown's and a lot of wfh which means there is simply less opportunity.
So it's more in addition and fraud is an quite easy crime take those automated phonecalls claiming to be from amazon for example, anyone who presses the number is fooked, the voice is computer generated, numbers can be automatically dialed too. So fully automated, no traces to your own voice, etc. etc. no wonder it's an populair scam.

Top Bottom