Brave, brave soldiers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
No, you misunderstood the question.

I asked you for an MP who wasn't a liar...... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-51964434

Green MP Caroline Lucas has been found to have breached parliamentary rules by giving a tour of the Commons in exchange for a £150 contribution to a fundraising campaign.

1/10 must try harder.

She admitted her error, rather than first denying it happened, then blaming it on others, then saying she was ambushed, then saying there's a war on.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
1/10 must try harder.

She admitted her error, rather than first denying it happened, then blaming it on others, then saying she was ambushed, then saying there's a war on.

Hahaha, you are delusional :laugh: She denied doing anything wrong, and carried that on until she was found guilty of breaching the code of conduct!

"Lucas, the Green MP for Brighton Pavilion since 2010, insisted she has done nothing wrong, but said she cannot comment further as investigations by the parliamentary commissioner for standards are confidential."
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-lucas-investigated-over-election-fundraisers

icowden

Legendary Member
Obama on Guantanamo "Today, President Obama announced the plan to close the prison facility at Guantanamo Bay once and for all -- saying that keeping the prison open undermines our national security and stains our broader record on upholding the highest standards of rule of law."
You need to do better. Obama issued an executive order to close Guantanamo. He couldn't get it past Congress which which had a Republican majority. He announced the plan, he enacted the plan but the plan couldn't be carried out due to Congress which he did not control.

There is no lie there.

icowden

Legendary Member
Hahaha, you are delusional :laugh: She denied doing anything wrong, and carried that on until she was found guilty of breaching the code of conduct!
Again not actually true. She had not been aware that it was a breach of the code of conduct based on anecdotal evidence.
Boris Johnson has lied throughout his career. He lied about breaking the law because he knew he had broken it. He has been sacked for lying from previous jobs. His career was built on lying about Europe. He made the laws, announced the laws, broke them anyway and then lied about it.

There is no comparison to any other event in public office. The only thing he has not done, is the decent thing that all of his predecessors would have done, and that is to resign. This is because he is not a decent man, he is a liar, an egotist and a philanderer. His only concern in life is himself. This is the man who had an affair whilst his wife was being treated for cancer.

D

Deleted member 49

Everyone does it, politicians all lie.
Corbyn ?
But is that the best you can do to try and defend Johnson lol ... .I suppose desperate times call for desperate measures.
I remember a time when he was the "next Churchill" 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Except for when you don't, like me.👍
The operative word in that sentence is 'usually' - my head is full of pointless, ill-informed, risible, unworkable, utopian, nihilistic, grotesque, beautiful, fanciful, dreary and generally rubbish opinions all the time, and fortunately, most of the time they stay there!

However I can't help myself correcting the occasional shcoolboy howler on less-than-insignificant internet forums, from time to time. :smile:

Unless that was a misplaced apostrophe there - whatever would make you think I don't like you? :smooch:

D

Deleted member 28

The operative word in that sentence is 'usually' - my head is full of pointless, ill-informed, risible, unworkable, utopian, nihilistic, grotesque, beautiful, fanciful, dreary and generally rubbish opinions all the time, and fortunately, most of the time they stay there!

However I can't help myself correcting the occasional shcoolboy howler on less-than-insignificant internet forums, from time to time. :smile:

Unless that was a misplaced apostrophe there - whatever would make you think I don't like you? :smooch:

Some nice long words and a little bit of pedantry thrown in for good measure, well done you.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
If you didn't think your own opinions are important, or at least slightly less unimportant than the ones you come here to contradict, why would you bother expressing them?

Fwiw I don't think my own opinions are important (ie they might be correct, but they can't and won't ever make any sort of difference in any way, ever) so I usually keep them to myself.

?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Some nice long words and a little bit of pedantry thrown in for good measure, well done you.
Not really long words, dear - maximum 3-syllable and descriptive, I thought. Oh - off I go, being pedantic again...

There's a spelling mistake in there an' all.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Top Bottom