Censorship is a sign of right-wing supremacy, particularly when exercised by the left. Discuss...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Bloody townie..

Ian H

Guru
As in censoring any mention of the British Empire that might show it in a less than glorious light?

OP
OP
F

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
As in censoring any mention of the British Empire that might show it in a less than glorious light?
Actually I thinking more of this sort of thing -

" "Blind chance rules a man’s life in this country of ours. Fear by night, and a feverish effort by day to pretend enthusiasm for a system of lies, was the permanent condition.” [1] NKVD officer, who found himself suddenly placed under arrest. "
Source - https://www.ukessays.com/essays/history/stalins-role-in-the-purges-of-the-1930s-history-essay.php

- but in a contemporary context under softer policing.

D

Deleted member 49

The post title sounds as if someone is looking for ideas to help their next essay on the cheap.
Read the thread title three times and thought nah I'm out 😁

OP
OP
F

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Well, if nothing else, posing the question has given me impetus to discover the work of philosopher Magali Bessone, who says, amongst other more interesting things -
"According to most current definitions of toleration, a person is considered tolerant if, and only if, 1) he refrains from interfering with something 2) he deeply disapproves of, 3) in spite of having the power to interfere. "

D

Deleted member 28

Well, if nothing else, posing the question has given me impetus to discover the work of philosopher Magali Bessone, who says, amongst other more interesting things -
"According to most current definitions of toleration, a person is considered tolerant if, and only if, 1) he refrains from interfering with something 2) he deeply disapproves of, 3) in spite of having the power to interfere. "
:wacko:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Posted at 11:36pm? The answer is 43. ;)

Top Bottom