Chelsea blues....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

I agree, but, as yet, I don’t have time travel, so, cannot suggest retrospective sanctions.
Boldon is so far behind the rest of the UK that Abramovich probably hasn't taken over Chelsea for the folks living there

D

Deleted member 49

But if Ambramovich is dodgy now, why wasn't he dodgy enough before? His dubious activities are no surprise....
It's easy to turn a blind eye when there bunging you money.He bought Chelsea in 2003/2004 ? When Labour let him buy it.
Another oligarch Oleg Deripaska who Mandelson and Osborne partied with aboard a yacht in 2008 was sanctioned yesterday.It goes way back.Russian money has been swilling around us for quite a while.Its no big shock.

icowden

Legendary Member
But if Ambramovich is dodgy now, why wasn't he dodgy enough before? His dubious activities are no surprise....
Oh he was dodgy before. I mean he was the guy who recommended to Yeltsin that Putin be his successor. The conservatives were quite happy to get Russian money into London and accept some donations along the journey, but now that Russia has declared war, the problems come forth.

Yebbut, as any fule kno, were don't care about brown people dying unless one washes-up in Kent....
Yep let's pretend it's all about racism, while in reality the Ukraine war is more about facing Russia because if we don't we have to sooner or later and these other wars how terrible they are, have each their own story but it doesn't include an crazy dictator with nuclear weapons who is actively using those to try and keep the Nato out of the war.
But yes sports have pulled open the can of worms of getting politically involved, so than the question why the one war is more important then the other is relevant, the discussion about whether or not it is because of ''brown poeple'' isn't becasue thre nothing to suggest that is the case.

D

Deleted member 121

I support Walsall FC so i don't really know an awful lot about football, but did someone once say something about draining a swamp? Perhaps it's that. I dunno though....

FishFright

Since the war in Ukraine Saudi has been bombing and shelling Yemen with British made weapons.Today they beheaded 81 people ffs ! Suitable to own Newcastle ? We fecking stink of hypocrisy.

We used to stink of hypocrisy but it was privatised and is now owned a consortium of circle 4 demons. Four cabinet members are advisors to that consortium.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Since the war in Ukraine Saudi has been bombing and shelling Yemen with British made weapons.Today they beheaded 81 people ffs ! Suitable to own Newcastle ? We fecking stink of hypocrisy.

Agreed, Saudi is not a suitable owner of Newcastle FC, or, any other UK football club. But, does that mean we should countenance Chelsea’s owner?

Top Bottom