Concern for the Queen’s health.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
how many hotels and rooms were you booking??? 5k....sheesh

12 staff for 2 nights. £205 a night.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
D

Deleted member 49

It is getting a bit silly now.

Again, I'm sure the players will still collect a salary and even if they don't they can probably manage, but what about stewards, bar staff, cleaners etc. A lot of them will be casual or agency staff, are they going to be compensated?
Cancel your leisure/sport activities but go to work,as long as your workplace isn't at a football ground or other such sporting event.
Simple.

It's madness.
I heard about her death sitting in a busy Pizza Express (the shame). It didn't seem to change the nature of the conversations around us at all.
After that we went to a choral concert in the Cathedral - we were informed 2 pieces were being removed from the program (on account of them being too jolly*), there would be no bar at the interval, and that we should not applaud after the concert as a mark of respect - but at the end of the interval only. WTF? Considering the demographics of the average fans of the 'The Sixteen' I was surprised at the grumbles about the change to the schedule and lack of drinks. Totally unnecessary.
Every BBC radio station playing the same regurgitated stuff hour after hour.
It's like some parallel universe thing going on. In one, the meedja masturbating furiously over this stuff, headless chickens of organisations thinking everything should be cancelled, days of mourning, the new King speaking to the nation, yadda yadda yadda, and in the other universe, those for whom nothing is any different from yesterday except that stamps and cash will eventually start to look differently and we'll have to remember to sing God Save the King.
There is a point at which monarchy, the government and people in power in other organisations are completely out of touch with the reality of the UK today.
96 year old woman dies with family around her. Move-on, nothing to see here....

PS: Are we getting a day-off for the funeral?

*The majority of the program was 'Songs of Farewell' by Parry and similar works by Campion and Howells...rather apt really....

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's madness.
I heard about her death sitting in a busy Pizza Express (the shame). It didn't seem to change the nature of the conversations around us at all.
After that we went to a choral concert in the Cathedral - we were informed 2 pieces were being removed from the program (on account of them being too jolly), there would be no bar at the interval, and that we should not applaud after the concert as a mark of respect - but at the end of the interval only. WTF? Considering the demographics of the average fans of the 'The Sixteen' I was surprised at the grumbles about the change to the schedule and lack of drinks. Totally unnecessary.
Every BBC radio station playing the same regurgitated stuff hour after hour.
It's like some parallel universe thing going on. In one, the meedja masturbating furiously over this stuff, headless chickens of organisations thinking everything should be cancelled, days of mourning, the new King speaking to the nation, yadda yadda yadda, and in the other universe, those for whom nothing is any different from yesterday except that stamps and cash will eventually start to look differently and we'll have to remember to sing God Save the King.
There is a point at which monarchy, the government and people in power in other organisations are completely out of touch with the reality of the UK today.
96 year old woman dies with family around her. Move-on, nothing to see here....

PS: Are we getting a day-off for the funeral....

Was Prince Andrew there? ;)

Was Prince Andrew there? ;)

The connection was not missed....

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

There are, of course opinions being voiced from the citizens and residents of countries formerly part of the British Empire.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Looking in the mirror again?

No….but it seems the truth hurts with some on here. But then im not self obssessed and think everyone destroyed my world by making a choice. It seems some think their football, sport, leisure time is more important than others, who maybe or maybe not mourning the death of the Queen…….

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
No….but it seems the truth hurts with some on here. But then im not self obssessed and think everyone destroyed my world by making a choice. It seems some think their football, sport, leisure time is more important than others, who maybe or maybe not mourning the death of the Queen…….

Yeah. Those poor bastards who would have been forced to watch football, sport or have leisure time, and been forcibly prevented from performative, insincere, sycophantic sackcloth-and ashes grovelling and wailing.

Top Bottom